Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this sibset bad form?

I'm working on my top five for each gender. Malachi nn Kai has been on my shortlist for a long time now, and I've finally found a middle that speaks to me: Sparrow! Sparrow was on my middle list for Caspian but they just seemed too over the top together...there's no "normal" in that name for the child to fall back on if he isn't a fringe element like his parents Malachi has that familiarity and strength, and I think Malachi Sparrow just flows!

My problem is that I already have Gideon Wolf on my shortlist. I think both animals are equally beautiful and powerful, but it has been pointed out to me that a child might feel slighted if he's the Sparrow to his brother's Wolf.

Do you think it's bad form to have Gideon Wolf and Malachi Sparrow in the same sibset? Do you think Sparrow will feel inferior to Wolf? Does the Pirates of the Caribbean character, Captain Jack Sparrow, offset a potential inferiority complex? I mean, wolf vs. pirate is pretty evenly matched, right?

Thank you, Berries!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Don't worry, you two can't possibly make a "normal" baby !

Eh, I wouldn't worry. Sparrows are cool, and you've got the pirate (and JD!) association, how could he feel inferior? They're quite different names, though, Malachi Sparrow is much more fun and circus like, Gideon Wolf sounds like a archaeology professor. Anyways, they're both flock animals! I think it works nicely, but I think Malachi Sparrow is a little brother name.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I think that Sparrows and Wolves go together nicely. The only fights will be petty or selfish over something like this so I wouldn't worry. Plus..Sparrows can fly which out competes being a wolf for sure.
    berry combo results
    copy the link into your internet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d47y3juii5a5ko3/berry%20combo%20summer%202014.pdf?dl=0

Let me begin with how AWESOME your name choices are. Malachi nn Kai? Definitely adding that to my list! I think you have the right idea about having a slightly more normal name with an unusual name to have balance. However, when I think of Sparrow, I think of Captain Jack Sparrow like you pointed out instead of the bird.

- Malachi Sparrow: This is a BEAUTIFUL combo.

With it's sibset you want: Gideon Wolf, I think Malachi Sparrow would be absolutely perfect with it. (: They both have a powerful and attractive ring to them. A wolf and pirate is also a badass team
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

Name the eldest brother Malachi Sparrow.....he'll be bigger and able to deal with the upstart little Wolf....
    Obsessing over names since 1964