Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

one week to go... but not certain yet

Hello,

Next week we will getting our new baby-girl. We already have three children and one angel (stillborn). Our kids all have Greek names (or related to Greek myth).
    So now this one has got to be also a name in the same line. The names are very unusual, so please don't write them down in the normal way (we have some very curious relatives/friends).
    this are the names of our kids:
    X.@nth€ (girl)
    C.¥b€l€ (girl)
    C.@llist€ (girl)
    C.@ssiël (boy)

The name we have in mind is:
    Quint@ (a vestal virgin, related to C.¥b€l€, has something to do with the number 5, and it's our fifth child).
    Only, we just developed that this name is also used for a HeatingVentilation-installation (my hubby is director of install company and sell also installations of this brand). So my hubby is not so happy with that name anymore. Now we think about a variation: Quint€ or Quinth€

Names like Euridice, Eudora, Euterpe, Euphemia, Eirene we do not like in our country (pronounciation sounds strange in the Netherlands)

We also like Eileithyia, but it is hard to pronounce and spell it, so we find it a little bit sad to give her such a difficult name. If someone has a variance of this name, feel free to tell us

We have also thought about Qadesha/Qetesh, but this name had associations with temple-prostitution,

We like to give her a name with a Q-sound or S or Z-sound in the beginning.

So If there are creatives among you, we hope you give us new idea's or food for thought.
    Thank you very much,

Oetel

Ooh, your kids have fantastic names! I will just tell you, I am really ignorant about Greek names. Here are some names (not Greek per se) that I think would sound great with your kids:

Circe
    Sabine
    Sela
    Phoebe
    Chloe

Your children have incredible names. I'm not really great with Greek names, but I love them.

Suggestions:

Celaeno
    Psyche
    Xenia
    Soteria
    Sophrosyne
    Zenaida
    Carya
    Chloris
    Ceto
    Carme
    Last edited by katushka; July 1st, 2013 at 07:59 PM.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Charis
    Chryseis
    Calliope
    Clio
    Clytia
    Korina
    Kyriaki
    Selene
    Sophronia
    Zenobia

My first thought was Circe, but I'm assuming you pronounce it with hard c's in Dutch? I like the suggestions of Xenia and Zenobia for you, but that might be me being selfish, as they're on my list.

Sagaritis, a hamadryad. However, she had an affair with Cyb's's love, and Cyb cut down her tree (which of course was connected to Sagaritis' life). Maybe not the best sisterly bond?
    Samia, naiad nymph
    Semele, Dionysus' mother. Too close to Cyb maybe?
    Sinoe, Arcadian nymph
    Sinope, naiad nymph
    Sophrosyne, not sure how this would be in Dutch though. And I like that your other childrens names are so easy and straight forward.
    Soteria, the name of the Goddess of safety and salvation.
    Sparta, Naiad nymph and first Queen of Sparta
    Sterope, a Pleiad nymph
    Stilbe, a Naiad nymph
    Strophia, a Naiad nymph
    Sybilla, version of sibyls; seeresses in ancient Greece.
    Zephyr and the feminine version Zephyrine, but I think either works for a girl. It's the name of the God of the gentle west-wind
    Zeuxippe, naiad nymph
    Zosteria, epithet of Athene, means "gilded in armour".
    Last edited by ottilie; July 2nd, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]