Names Searched Right Now:

Middle name for Harper

I'm from Alabama and I really like the name Harper as an homage to Harper Lee. I'm having a difficult time narrowing down middle names though. I'd like to stay with the southern theme, and I know it might sound odd but I like the name Tupelo. It's a Creek word (my ancestry) and it also has a lot of musical significance. How does Harper Tupelo sound?

It sounds a little off to me...maybe because of the p's? Or maybe just because I prefer Harper with something more feminine/traditional. What about:

Harper Magnolia
    Harper Savannah
    Harper Annabelle
    Harper Belle
    Harper Clementine
    Harper Adeline
    Harper Daisy
    Harper Dixie
    Harper Matilda
    Harper Delilah
    Harper Josephine
    Harper Abigail
    Harper Mae
    Harper Azalea
    ?
    Last edited by emsky; July 1st, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

I think Harper Tupelo sounds sweet. I don't mind the double "p" sound.

I'd use something feminine and fairly classic to make up for Harper's androgyny and trendyness (I think it's on its way to the Top 10, so it will be fairly dated in a few years). Same thing about Tupelo. I don't think the names match that well.

Harper Lydia
    Harper Jane
    Harper Sophia
    Harper Catherine
    Harper Belle

Hannah Tupelo
    Ava Tupelo
    Lyra Tupelo
    Harriet Tupelo
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Harper Tupelo does sound sweet, but something's lacking. It's also very androgynous and doesn't feel especially Southern. I love the suggestions of Harper Magnolia, Harper Annabelle, Harper Clementine, Harper Josephine, and Harper Azalea above. They all feel very Southern. Harper Caroline is another idea. Caroline (LINE, not LYN) is one of the most Southern girl's names I can think of.

ETA: Harper Lydia! That's another gorgeous suggestion.
    Last edited by southern.maple; July 1st, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia