Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The name Willow for a boy?

or is it too "feminine"?

Personally, I don't find it to have a sound that leans one way or the other. However, it ranked 171 for girls in 2012, but didn't chart for boys. My guess is that people will consider it a "girl" name, and that it would be quite a bit like naming a son Ashley now, post the girl takeover. Although Ashley had a decent history as a boy's name before, which I don't believe Willow ever has. I could be wrong about that though!
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

I don't think that it sounds particularly feminine, but, if I saw the name Willow, I would assume girl.

It may just be because I know only girls named Willow, but I wouldn't consider it a boys name, sorry.
    Mom to 1 and 1 on the way!

I actually know 2 male Willow's now. One is about 13 and the other is closer to my age (20s). Neither use nicknames. I think it works fine on a boy as it sounds a good deal like other male names such as Milo, Hugo, etc. I do think most people will think "girl" when they see it though, so you'd have to be prepared for that, but it does have Will if he wants it.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014