Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by claireelise View Post
    Perhaps give one daughter Mary in the middle, and the other Elizabeth? That way, both girls get a piece of the tradition, but also some individuality.
    This is what I was thinking of.

thanks.

Maybe I should have prefaced it with the fact that we have a SUPER Common, 1 syllable last name. So, Mary would be way too short for a middle and both are too common for a first name choice for us.

But I like the idea of splitting the 2 names between the 2 girls and maybe adding another name in the middle. Lots to think about. And plenty of time to do it.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

You could give both girls variations of Mary and Elizabeth, like Elizabeth Marie and Mary Isabel (I'm sure there are more creative combos but you get the idea). Or maybe you could use names from your husband's side of the family too, and each girl gets one middle from each side.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom View Post
    You could give both girls variations of Mary and Elizabeth, like Elizabeth Marie and Mary Isabel (I'm sure there are more creative combos but you get the idea). Or maybe you could use names from your husband's side of the family too, and each girl gets one middle from each side.
    I love this idea.
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858

I'd use your mom's family's tradition with one twin and then use your father's family tradition with the other twin. That way they are both "special" and you're not stuck with a useless extra middle name or a name that you hate.