Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teresa?

I prefer the Theresa spelling; I find it much more elegant and classic. I agree with pp about it being similar to Cecilia. I really like the nicknames Tess and Tessie with it!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

I prefer Theresa and I think it's a classic name that doesn't have the classic reputation of Elizabeth or Margaret, but is totally within that style & level of sophistication. It is easy to imagine a middle aged woman called Terry and I think that puts people off. I think Mother Theresa is such a nice namesake.

I can't say I'm a fan of the name. Maybe I've known too many.

I prefer just Tess, personally--Teresa seems strongly Hispanic to me, and a bit dated--but I am okay with Theresa. It does seem dated, but I've grown to like it more. I think Theresa nn Tess is pretty adorable, too. Theresa needs a special sort of MN to spice it up, though, imo.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I also prefer vintage nickname Tess on her own, but I find Therese rather alluring, particularly in the middle name slot. Something like Ruby Jane Therese...
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude