Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Jagger

Jagger

Once upon a time Jagger was on my list but that was years ago. Recently I heard it again and I'm debating if I should add it back to my list. If it's pronounced (jay-gur) I kinda like it. Although I don't think that's how it's pronounced. But if it's pronounced like Mick Jagger (jag-ur) I'm really not a fan.

What's the correct way?

and what do you think of Jagger?

Well, Jay-gur and jag-ur sound exactly the same to me, so I'm not sure what you mean?

My opinion: no.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I am pretty sure that Jagger would be pronounced like Mick Jagger (i.e., to rhyme with 'dagger'). Double letters usually indicate short vowel sounds, so I can't imagine anybody seeing Jagger and pronouncing it Jay-gur.

Additionally, I think it sounds like it's trying way too hard to be cool and rock-star-ish. Sorry.

Both ways are kind of the correct way to say it and it sounds exactly the same to me. But as for the using the name maybe in a middle spot yes as a first name not really fan.
    TTC Baby #1 Starts Next Month!

Quote Originally Posted by jeska View Post
    I am pretty sure that Jagger would be pronounced like Mick Jagger (i.e., to rhyme with 'dagger'). Double letters usually indicate short vowel sounds, so I can't imagine anybody seeing Jagger and pronouncing it Jay-gur.

Additionally, I think it sounds like it's trying way too hard to be cool and rock-star-ish. Sorry.
    I agree with this.