Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Baby Brother to join Big Brothers North and Everest

So right about now is when I really wish we had gone with a traditional or at least more common names for our sons! We named our almost 5 year old North (PLEASE don't mention Kim and Kanye or I will be forced to drink which my midwife frowns on) and then when we learned we were having Baby Boy #2 we thought it would be silly to have a North and Bob/Joe/Steve/Phil...you get the point. We decided on Everest...similar in that we felt they were both strong, masculine, aspirational names that people have heard of and know how to spell but were still rather unique. Now we are expecting again and at 29 weeks pregnant still at a loss. ANY help would be great. There are so many beautiful boy names out there but trying to find one that evokes the same feeling (without leaving seeming like we are mountaineers, which we are not, trust me...I would much rather order room service than go camping) as North and Everest has been really difficult. ANY help would be very very very appreciated. Oh, our last name is Joyce.

Thanks!
    Stacey

Mom to North and Everest Joyce

OK, don't worry. Your boys have names that, though they aren't my style, are very appealing to me and I think you have some options. It seems like a word name would work best here so that no one is out of the club. Here are some ideas:

Lane
    Aspen
    Alder
    Sterling
    Sylvan
    Dane
    Frost
    Thatcher
    Fletcher
    Linden
    Cedar
    Lake
    Atlas
    Jasper
    Orion

Non-Word Names:

Anders
    Graham
    Jack

Your kids' names feel natury, but they actually aren't traditional nature names. One is a place and the other is just a word. So you can go really naturey (I think Aspen or Sylvan are my favorites) or swing away and go for a name like Orion that has a nature connection, but is really a name. Any thoughts on those?
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

pheonix popped into my head. also love the pp suggestion of orion. neat names! and 3 boys! how fun! we are on #2!

Congratulations on boy number 3! Some suggestions are -
    Angus
    Beau
    Brock
    Bowen
    Colter
    Reeve
    Ignatius
    Rocco
    Roman
    Tavish
    Gage
    Jett
    Marshall
    Jarrett
    Merrick
    Lander
    Jude
    Vaughn
    Best of luck in finding the perfect name for your little one!