Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Am I Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    Just for your own future reference, the morning after pill is not a form of abortion. It's basically a higher dose of birth control so if you've taken one, you shouldn't have any problem taking the other. In fact, if you are pregnant, the morning after pill will have no effect. Here's a nice little article that explains it all in further detail: http://health.howstuffworks.com/sexu...ning-after.htm

Congrats on your pregnancy though!
    This exactly. I'm sorry to seem rude, but BC and condoms are absolutely no different than the morning after pill. You were hoping to get pregnant. And that's totally fine, but it's a tad annoying that you keep making it seem otherwise. It kind of seems like you're vying for attention at times. Where I'm from, so many young girls get pregnant because they subconsciously (sometimes not so much) wanted to. For varying reasons... they wanted to be tied to a guy, all their friends are pregnant/already have kids, being pregnant gets you so much attention, as my Mom says "they wanted to play house." And when their parents and families freak out because they're young, they pull the religion card as an excuse as to why they couldn't of prevented it. Instead of just admitting they wanted to get pregnant because (insert reason here.) And I'm not saying any of those fit your situation because I don't know you, but it's honestly the vibe I get.

I'm sure you will love your child, and I hope you don't ever feel like you missed out on life because you had a baby so young. I'm almost 26 and sometimes I still feel like I'm missing out on certain "young and wild" activities that we just can't do anymore, I couldn't imagine how I would of handled having a baby at 19.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Honestly that sort of comment is horrifying to me. I am by no means an attention getter and would never NEVER get pregnant just to get attention. Nor to tie mysel to a man or any ther reasons. I am happily married, and im a good place in my life. I come to This site for advice, and help. Not comments like this. I swear some people just try to find as many indiscrepencies in others as they can. You can not judge others and then follow up with the statement 'I don't mean to judge you'. Absolutely awful. I have plenty Of support elsewhere and will no longer be posting on this forum. I don't need to explain myself to people who have nothing better to do than post comments like this. I truly feel sorry for some of you. Thanks to those who have been so very helpful throughout all of this. The best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsavvy View Post
    Honestly that sort of comment is horrifying to me. I am by no means an attention getter and would never NEVER get pregnant just to get attention. Nor to tie mysel to a man or any ther reasons. I am happily married, and im a good place in my life. I come to This site for advice, and help. Not comments like this. I swear some people just try to find as many indiscrepencies in others as they can. You can not judge others and then follow up with the statement 'I don't mean to judge you'. Absolutely awful. I have plenty Of support elsewhere and will no longer be posting on this forum. I don't need to explain myself to people who have nothing better to do than post comments like this. I truly feel sorry for some of you. Thanks to those who have been so very helpful throughout all of this. The best to you.
    I don't remember you getting any rude comments? As far as I can tell, everyone (including myself) has been very nice, nonjudgmental, and polite to your many posts. When you post on a public forum, sometimes you will get some comments that aren't sugarcoated in syrupy sweetness. I'm not being mean to you, just stating my thoughts on your thread asking for thoughts. And the fact that you cherry pick the one comment that could be taken as offensive and decide to take your ball and go home, instead of just carrying on with the thread, tells me you are kinda in it for the attention. Sorry.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

You know what...I agree with RGE on this one. I've said something similar on another of your posts. The constant protesting of innocence (the idea that your pregnancy was completely unplanned) is irksome. Especially when we all know you've been hoping to fall pregnant for several months now (the evidence is in the threads you posted prior to your pregnancy). However, I understand your point of view. To a young woman, the idea of seeing two pink lines on a pregnancy test is terribly exciting. When I was in my early 20s, I was in a relationship with a guy and we rarely used contraception. We mostly practiced the withdrawal method, which is notoriously unreliable. I took several pregnancy tests during our relationship and each time I hoped for a positive. Of course, we weren't actually trying to get pregnant. But that didn't stop me from hoping! Luckily, all my tests were negative. And, I mean, thank god! I'm sure I would've completely flipped out if one had actually turned up positive. So I can see where you're coming from - you were hoping to fall pregnant, but seeing a positive pregnancy test was scary. The reason RGE made the comment that "it kind of seems like you're vying for attention at times" is because of the number of posts you've made prior to your pregnancy (indicating you were hoping to be pregnant) and the number of posts you've made since your pregnancy (regarding how shocked you were to have fallen pregnant even though you weren't using contraception properly). To respond to her comments with "I have plenty of support elsewhere and will no longer be posting on this forum. I don't need to explain myself to people who have nothing better to do than post comments like this" smacks of immaturity. You've posted a lot on this site and the vast majority of comments have been nothing but empathetic and understanding. A few people (RGE and myself included) have suggested your "unplanned" pregnancy might not have been quite so unplanned after all. And I think that's a fair judgement for people to make. Our comments are not unfounded. If you want to leave Nameberry, that's your prerogative. But to let one comment upset you to that degree would be sad, especially after all the compassion and helpful advice you've been offered by so many Berries. And tells me that RGE's comments probably cut too close to the bone.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; July 9th, 2013 at 06:15 AM.
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I agree with RGE and Sarah here. It seems like all you want is replies about candy castles in the sky. I wish you all the best whether you stay or not.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]