Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I Normal?

I don't want to be a sour apple, but do realize this: before freaking out about your new life that is to come (yes, with a lot of changes, responsibility, and mature decision making) do understand that not every pregnancy is automatically viable, and I'd wait at least a few more weeks before driving yourself crazy. Chances are, you will probably start feeling unwell pretty soon, and you'll need your energy and peace of mind to take care of yourself - forget stressing about what will come in more than half a year from now.

Of course, I don't wish pregnancy loss on anyone (having had my own experiences...) but do know that getting wound-up too early may just not be a wise idea... Take it easy, take care of yourself, and try your best to save your worry and concerns for even a few weeks from now. We clearly never know what life brings, and taking things one step at a time will be the best thing for you and your family.

Thanks ottillie. I don't expect everything to be candy coated. It's just that I tend to be a pessimist and the negatives get blown out of proportion in my mind. It's like- I have two cups of water. One is filled to the brim and the other has barely anything in it. And everyone is just adding water to the full cup. I get the negatives. I just need the positives. Thank you for your sweet advice though

I hope I didn't offend you - I tried to be helpful.
    Now you have to just calm down, I bet you will do your best. Having nanny experience helps a lot! I am sure your mom will come around with the idea and you will have a wonderful family.
    Feel free to message me if you would like to talk Good luck, dear.

No mclevine, you were very helpful! I'm just overly emotional at this point and any little negative thing sets me off!

I am feeling a little better this morning. I told a few close friends and they have helped immensely. My mom sounds a little better this morning and that is a huge relief. We are like best friends so I don't handle tension between us very well. I don't like feeling like I let her down. But if she is being more positive after only 3 days I am sure she will continue to get better about the situation! And I'm sure I will as well. I have an apt tonight to confirm everything which makes me feel a bit better as well. And these kiddos are so darn cute, which peaks my excitement levels.

Lots of really good advice from others.

I'll echo that I think it's pretty common, even for people who had been TTC, to have a bit of "buyers remorse" at some point. Your life is about to change dramatically! Luckily, as others have pointed out, you do have a good 36 weeks to prepare and learn and get used to the idea. Honestly, you will find a way to make it work because you have to make it work. Short of termination or adoption (which from your posts it doesn't sound like is what you'd want at all) you're going to do this because there's not an alternative, this is the track things have taken. You're going to be a mom and that sounds like, anxiety aside, something you really did want (even if you didnt expect this timetable). You're going to do great!

I'm glad it sounds like you have a great support system and that your mom is already warming to the idea. Feel free to message me anytime too, I'm just waiting for this baby to arrive at this point and totally here if you need an ear.