Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Worried what people will think but here we go

I know, I shouldn't worry about what everyone else will think. But I can't help it.

For the most part, I like really traditional and classic names. However, my husband and I are expecting our second child (due in January, so we do not know the gender yet) and the name we both love for a boy is rather unique (to the point where I've never heard it used as a first name before).

The name (first and middle) has meaning behind it (family significance) and my husband is set on this name. I love it too, but I would love to get some opinions on it as we haven't told anyone yet.

The name is: Britton William

We have also considered Britton James (also a family name) but Britton William is our favorite.

Thoughts?
    Mom to 1 and 1 on the way!

I like Britton! Of your two choices, I actually prefer Britton James. It just sounds nicer to me than Britton William. I don't think Britton is too out-there, though if your first child's name is something like Sophia or Jacob, it might stand out a bit. To me, Britton seems to fit in with a lot of popular boy names without being popular itself, so I don't think it's going to sound out of place in a classroom or playground.
    Writer. Name lover. Dreamer.

Current favorites:
    Genevieve Lyra and Theodore Jon

I went to school with a boy named Britton! He stood out in a class of Johns and Michaels and Joshuas, and in my opinion that's a good thing If he doesn't like his first he can always go by the more traditional William (or James). Be brave, my friend!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

I actually know two Britton/Bryttons They both go by Britt though. I quite like it, but I guess I don't think it as "unique" since I know some.

I prefer Britton James though. Britton William just reminds me of Britain and Prince William.
    Kylee
    Not baking, just planning...

Beautiful Ladies:
    Muiranne, Scarlett and Eliza

Handsome Gentlemen:
    Asher, Charlie and Nathaniel

For combos, please check out: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9839415

I think it's cute. It sounds traditional/classic without being uber popular.
    I’m just trying to behave as I think a friend should behave. Granted, I haven’t had much practice.

~Elphaba Thropp, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire