Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Any one have thoughts on using Mary Niamh as a double name? My husband has reservations with the Niamh spelling - but he figures if they could pronounce one half of her name . . . I think it sounds nice - but might be a bit much.

I love Keira Mae!!

Mary Niamh stands out to me — gorgeous, unexpected, very Irish but still would work well in America. Mary is more familiar and fits better with your sons' names, while Niamh is more uncommon and Irish. You could call her Mary Niamh (or just Niamh), but if the spelling was too confusing, she could use Mary in a professional / public context.

Niamh is a simple name with a tricky spelling but not impossible to work with; after all there are plenty of American girls named Siobhan or Saoirse which sound "stranger" to non Irish years.

Anglicising Niamh as Neve (à la Conan O'Brian) would be another option to consider. It isn't that different from Keira or Maeve.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

From your list:
    Siobhan Maire: Siobhan is too close to Sean
    Niamh Maire: I really like this name, but I think post people on encountering Niamh would have no idea how to pronounce it.
    Keira Mae: ok, people would pronounce it correctly; i can't help but associate it with Keira Knightley though
    Mary Niamh: I like this name too, but the fact that Mary is not immediately associated with being Irish makes it match less with your boy's names. However, this is my favorite from your list by far.

My suggestion: I really really like Maire as a first name option. It's authentically Irish but I don't find it difficult to pronounce, and, as I'm Catholic as well, I love the idea of honoring Mary. I think it's one of the prettiest Irish girl names out there, and you could pair it with an anglicized second name (like your boys), and I think that would be beautiful!
    Elanor Therese ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Rosemary Lark
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Caroline Mercy ~ Margaret Jane Penelope

Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Owen Benedict
    Harrison Peter ~ Calvin Anthony

Elanor, Lucy, Caroline ...

Catherine, Felix ...

Sebastian, Vincent ...

Arwen, Cassia ...

Josie, Finn, Pippa ...

Anthea, Atticus ...

Honestly, I personally think the only one that I'd recommend is Keira Mae or Mary Niamh. I know that I wouldn't want to have a name that would be mispronounced by 90% of people who first tried to say it--and not just slightly, but slaughtered.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin