Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oh my goodness! BM for bowel movement never even occurred to me, I guess because I spend so much time on Baby Center and they use BM for breast milk, which no kid would know. But, like I said, my husband will not change his mind about Brigid, not even when I said kids might call her "Bridget the Midget" (all the women in both our families are really short). I guess if she ever gets teased, I'll just have to tell her to take it up with her father.

Genuine question: do people actually even notice initials? I literally never think about it...like has anyone here met someone outside of nameberry/name nerds who give any tall thought to a person's initials?

I think sometimes name nerds think of it too much. I just don't think the average person will be like "wait, they named their baby Brandon?? With a last name like Miller?! Don't they know his initials are BM, which to a small subset of medical professionals is the same as 'bowel movement'?!" I mean, i studied medical terminology through high school and into college (before switching majors), and i know BM stands for bowel movement because i did my clinicals in nursing homes, but if you put the initials B.M. In front of me, i don't think of bowel movement, because i know I'm not in a setting where it would mean that, you know? Like if i see that written on a paper at a hospital/nursing home/etc? I consider it as a possibility. If not, i obviously don't.

But with initials in general, i see a lot of people on here who seem very stressed about making a word or not making a word, and i just don't see that anyone actually cares what initials are. Like if someone is worried about naming their daughter Jenny Ann R-lastname because her initials would be JAR....who on earth is going to be like "omigosh they spelled JAR with her initials, could anything be worse?" Like most puerile aren't even going to think about it, are they? Am i crazy, and this really is something the average person considers?

My only thing about initials is they ideally shouldn't spell out a curse word. But even if it does, it's not like the majority of people you'll ever meet will even know your middle name(s), so they wouldn't have to know
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Well, obviously I don't considering I only just noticed this after talking about this name for weeks! The only reason I thought about it is because I saw another where someone said they didn't like a combo because the initials spelled something.

Are initials important and do people/kids notice them? Yes. Is BAM horrible? No! I think it's really cute because it reminds me of Bam Bam from the Flintstones!

I don't see a problem with BAM at all. One of my best friends has the initials MOP, and she thinks it's great.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan