Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you think Lucien sounds evil?

What do you think of the name Lucien? Pronounced loo-shan not loo-see-an. I like the sound of it but worry it sounds like Lucifer. My husband loves it and loves Lucius even more (but I veto that one).

What do you think? and how does it sound with Leo?

We might do Lucien Theodore or Lucien Edward

I don't think Lucien sounds evil. I read a blog one time about French parents in NYC that had an adorable blue-eyed blonde son named Lucien that's what I think of every time.

Lucius reminds me too much of Lucius Malfoy. Now THAT'S evil, haha.
    Kylee&&Adam
    Not baking, just planning...

Beautiful Ladies:
    Amelie. Camilla. Eliza. Ivy. Sophia. Daphne. Eloise. Esme. Lila. Sadie.

Handsome Gentlemen:
    Abel. Benjamin. Holden. Sutton. Theodore. Bodhi. Jack. Jude. Nathaniel. Tobin.

For combos, please check out: http://www.listography.com/triplecherrypie

I do think Lucian sounds evil (that spelling in particular), not because of Lucifer, but because of the 39 Clues, a popular children's series. It is the name of a particularly malicious organization of bad guys in the books.
    The first time I heard this name I hated it, but it's definitely growing on me. It isn't a bad name other than that association, I'd say go for it!

EDIT: Just wanted to add, for middle names I like Lucien Theodore. Edward is too Twilight for me.
    Previous account: elrock13

Well, it does, but I don't consider that a BAD thing. It makes it more interesting, gives a nice edge to an otherwise soft-sounding name.

However, I'm the unfortunate kind of person who would actually use the name Lucifer... So...
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

No! Lucien and Lucian do NOT sound evil.
    Both are gorgeous names for boys.
    I did think though that Lucien (with an e) was pronounced (Loo see en) and Lucian (with an a) was (Loo shen).
    When I hear (Loo shen) I think of Lucian Freud, the painter.
    And when I hear (Loo see en) I just think French!
    I love both names!