Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite F name?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Faolán

4 10.26%
  • Faramond

2 5.13%
  • Felix

20 51.28%
  • Ferdinand

6 15.38%
  • Florent

2 5.13%
  • Frederick

21 53.85%
  • Fyodor

1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Favorite F Name: Poll

I've been loving F names for boys. A name that starts with F seems soft and kind.

What do you think of my favorites:

Faolan (Irish: little wolf)
    Faramond (German: journey protection)
    Felix (Latin: happy fortunate)
    Ferdinand (German: bold voyager)
    Florent (French from Latin: flowering)
    Frederick (English: peaceful ruler)
    Fyodor (Russian: God's gift)

I also like Felicity. Maybe, I like Felicity more than Felix.

I really want to use Rainier for a son as well. Rainier is German, meaning wise army.

Would using another German name be too much?

Please vote and comment below. Thanks.

Do you have any German ancestry? Rainier doesn't seem overly German--I think you could get away with something like Rainier and Faramond or Rainier and Ferdinand. I came across a Fernando nn Fred--I think Ferdinand (maybe nn Freddie?) would be pretty amazing, too. I also love Faramond and Frederick. I like Florian, Felix, Fielding/Fielder, Foster, Flynn, Fisher, Finnegan, Finnian, etc., too.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

I'm Luxembourgish/German/British. I could get away with German kids, but my daughters name is Primrose. An English name.

I really like Foster too! But a close friend of mine had twins. Foster and Forest. Foster is a girl. That sort of took the charm out of it for me.

I really like Florian too. I thought that Florent sounded more male. The meaning of the name and the sound of the names are already rather soft. So, I thought I tried to harden it up a bit. I've also known a Florianne and a Florian, both female. They are a little older though.

Thanks for your comment.

I like Faolan & Faramond, and Ferdinand is cute too! My favourite F names for boys are Foster, Finn and I probably have more but I can't think of them right at this moment!
    Jude, blackbird.

Amelia \//\ Goldy \//\ Halcyon /\\/ Hero \//\ Frances /\\/ Marian \//\ Olive /\\/ Poppy \//\ Robin

Definetly Frederick. So handsome. Though, I don't care much for the nicknames "Fred, Freddie or Rick". If I had a little Frederick, he would have to only go by Frederick.