Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rupert?

I like the name Rupert.

I think I will always associate it with a character from the TV serires Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Rupert was the librarian/watcher that always dressed like a stuffy old Englishman but as the show develops you find that he has a dangerous side as well.

Rupert has grown on me over the past few years. I thought of Rupert Boneham, a contestant on a reality-TV show here in the States several years ago. He was a big, burly, hairy & scary, hippie-looking kind of fellow, but he was really a softie on the inside and his real-life job was as a mentor for troubled teens. He totally and completely changed my image for Rupert -- and a lot of those "stuffy and chinless" sorts of names. Have a look at him, and tell me that a Rupert can't be a dynamic guy...http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien...es-vs-villains

I adore Rupert. It's one of my favourite names. The first thing it makes me think of is the lovely Rupert Penry-Jones.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I'm Canadian and I grew up with Rupert Bear, though my mom is an anglophile so maybe that's why. Rupert Grint and Rupert Everett have made it more of a household name. I like the name if you're living in the UK. It's one of those names like Nigel that to me sounds silly in my accent.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I am not british - but my first thoughts on hearing the name, would be that this person is most likely british. I think of Rupert Murdoch/fox news. To me, it sounds a bit stodgy. I do think it'd be cute on a little boy nonetheless. On a man, not as much. I do love many british sounding boy names though, like Oliver/Charlie/Stuart and Jarvis. Maybe if I was around Ruperts more often, I would think of it differently though. Its all relative!