Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rupert?

Hybrid View

Question Rupert?

What do you think of the name Rupert?

The more I hear it, the more I like it, and think it's a name that would be really cute on a little boy as well as being quite distinguished on a grown man. At one stage I would have thought it was 'too posh' & too strongly connected with Rupert Bear to be usable, but with the popularity of actors Rupert Grint, and Rupert Everett, I think it's become more accessible.

Do you automatically think of when you hear this name? I'd particulaarly like to hear from any Britberries, as this is where my fiance (Canadian) and I (English) plan on raising our family.
    Girl Names: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boy Names: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx

I think Rupert is great, and I agree it has become more accessible as of late, which is fantastic. I think of both actors when I hear the name.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I'm a big fan. I definitely think that the actors have made it more accessible. Not being a Britberry though, I don't really have the Rupert Bear associations, so there's nothing to shake. Would it be like naming a kid Grover or Ernest/Ernie (which I would do in a heartbeat if DH agreed) here?
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

I absolutely adore Rupert! Being a fan of Harry Potter, I only think of Rupert Grint. I'm not a Britberry, so I'm unsure of who Rupert Bear is.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by fiammetta View Post
    I absolutely adore Rupert! Being a fan of Harry Potter, I only think of Rupert Grint. I'm not a Britberry, so I'm unsure of who Rupert Bear is.
    Ditto this. I also think of Rupert Friend, who played Mr. Wickham in Pride and Prejudice, and Prince Albert in The Young Victoria. The handsome devil...
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction