Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Martin

I like Martin but I also like the nickname Marty. Mars is too out there for me. Commodore seems odd as a name, it reminds me of commode.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I like both Martin, the middle and nn Mars. Go for it!
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

scarletrune - HAHAHAHA. Commode, eh? Commodore is a family name... hopefully most people will have the navy/Commodore 64 association before thinking of commode though, lol. I do wonder if Marty will grow on me when there's an actual baby. My husband worked with a fairly toxic woman named Marti, so that's where my hatred of Marty comes from.

clocktower - Thanks!
    Last edited by tk.; July 1st, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Oh my goodness. First I thought Martin's really dull, but Martin Commodore's got swagger and sass! And Mars is an adorable nickname. Ivy & Mars, Ivy & Martin.

By the way, I just saw in another thread that you can't use Clio! Oh no! I was almost certain that would be your future little baby... Well, well, Phoebe it is
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I really love the name Martin. I see it as a classic, masculine name that is not only very wearable (fits a wide range of men), but will also age very well. Ilove that Commodore adds a bit of spice, and Mars makes an awesome nn. Ivy and Martin are quite an adorable sibset...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina