Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which MN do you prefer for Ivy?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ivy Seraphina

30 31.91%
  • Ivy Juliette

64 68.09%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b_star7 View Post
    Thanks, I was also thinking of potentially dropping the 'A' at the end of Seraphina and going with just Seraphine. Sounds less frilly maybe??
    Yes. I think Seraphine has a more chic feel to it, Seraphina sounds more like a fairy queen in a story imho : ) Ireally like the prn. stressed on "phine", with Ivy a lot for some reason.
    Last edited by kashed22; July 2nd, 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kashed22 View Post
    Yes. I think Seraphine has a more chic feel to it, Seraphina sounds more like a fairy queen in a story imho : ) Ireally like the prn. stressed on "phine", with Ivy a lot for some reason.
    Yes I think I agree with you.. Although part of the appeal to me atm with Seraphina is the whole fairy tale whimsical vibe however she won't be a child forever and Seraphine will be much easier for her to grow into as an adult.

Ivy Juliette for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by b_star7 View Post
    Yes I think I agree with you.. Although part of the appeal to me atm with Seraphina is the whole fairy tale whimsical vibe however she won't be a child forever and Seraphine will be much easier for her to grow into as an adult.
    I may be in the minority here on NB according to the poll, but I think Ivy Seraphina, with it's whimsical vibe would be beautiful for your daughter. I like Juliet, but there is something about this combo that "sings" if that makes sense : ) I think Seraphina would age nicely, I'm just a sucker for French variants of names.
    Last edited by kashed22; July 2nd, 2013 at 03:19 PM.

My favorite name for a while was Ivy Matilda. I feel like Ivy is very vowel-heavy and compact, so I like it with the longer, slightly consonant-clunky Matilda. If I had a daughter anytime in 2008-2009, that probably would have been her name.

That said, I voted for Seraphina in your poll. Good luck!
    Mom to the delightful Be@trix He1en Luci11e (2011)

Loving Margaret (nn Maisie), Louisa (nn Lulu), and Frederick (nn Fritz) for future children.