Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think it does sound kind of whimpy/dorkie. Using the nn Frankie or Frank does give it a stronger sound IMO. What about Franco?

I love Francis but don't like Frank or Frankie at all. I don't think it sounds wimpy but with the new Pope, I wonder how much of a bump it will get. I guess if you wanted to use a nn you could go with Frasier but that just conjures up the Kelsey Grammer character for me. Franco is cute.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

The Francis I know was a Royal Marine so not wimpy! I'm a big fan of the name.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

I don't think Francis sounds whimpy at all. I know 2 men named Francis and they are very athletic and even a bit buley. I say go with it! I think it will be very popular though in the coming years with the new Pope taking the name. I also love Frank, Frankie and Franco. All really great nn's!

Noooo, not wimpy at all! I think Francis is SO handsome!
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Eleanora, Seraphine, Eulalia and Bastian "Baz", Fletcher, Edmund, Joscelin, Marius