Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Futuristic Character Names?

At the moment, I am writing a book which involves 4 main characters; two boys and two girls. The story is set in a futuristic, post-war America. A during war a new radiation got into some civilian's bodies. This left some children in future generations to be different, and almost super-human. These children attend a special academy in which they are trained for a future war. When a mysterious new boy comes, and the school is attacked, the main character is left with a missing sister (already named Aila). She, her best friend, and the new boy set out on a quest to find Aila. In the end, they discover that the enemies may just be the people they want to join.

Character descriptions:
    Main Character (last name Dawson)- female. 17 years old 5'6", with a very fit build. Long wavy hair that always look a little undone. The hair appears black in most lighting, but it is actually an extremely dark auburn. Extremely pretty with shark features and dark green eyes. She is very clever and very witty, along with her extreme intelligence. Everyone knows and respects her. She can slip around anywhere unnoticed. Though in most situations she works by logic and stays very unemotional, she loses all cool when the situation involves her sister or best friend. She thoroughly enjoys being a wallflower.

Aila Dawson- female, 16 years old. 5'7". Lighter auburn hair than her sister, but the same green eyes. She is cocky and sly, and always knows everything about everyone. Though she is popular, she is not always popular for the right reasons. Just think of a snake. She is not entirely bad though. She will do anything for her friends and her sister.

Main Character's best friend- Male. 18 years old. 6'3" and ripped. light brown, messy hair. Hazel eyes and dark brown eyebrows. Perfect, BRIGHT white smile. Smart and confident, but not cocky. Would do anything to protect main character. Not afraid of anything. Opinionated and strong-willed. Very popular with the girls but he stays away from them, much like main character. He is good at everything he does, and is extremely competitive and secretive. Main character is almost his only friend, which causes some girls to dislike her.

New boy- Very handsome. 6'2" and also muscular. black hair and icy blue eyes. Slightly rude and unfriendly. Simply comes off as unapproachable. He is attracted to main character and Aila, and always seems to be around them

For the main character, I originally had Kyran picked out, but I am still unsure. I really like "K" names, but I am open to anything. It needs to go will with Aila.
    Main character's best friend was possibly Lake or Jace? I like different but not too much.
    I have no clue for new boy, but I do not want anything cliche.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

For the new boy, I thought maybe: Roman, Grey, Hunter, Felix, Judd, Dimitri, Julian, Thayer

I'm thinking more on the classical side or variation of for the best friend: Michael, Eli, Nick, Ian, Reed, Nolan, Will, Nico

Main character: Lydia, Edith, Eliza, Blythe, Isla, Cassia, Hope, Brielle, Saskia, Gwyn, Juno

Hope this helps some.
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Pearl | Astra Gillian | Hazel Odette
    Rose Mireille | Irene Octavia | Andromeda Neve | Phaedra Delphine

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Eleazar Maximus | Gareth Ryan
    Raphael Abram | Wendell Alder | Shepherd Phoenix

K names for main

Kira
    Kell
    Kevy
    Keva
    Kint
    Krissa
    Kloa
    Kiowa

other names

Macie/Mace
    Fenn
    Talia
    Mora
    Seren
    Zara
    Chenda
    Liza

best friend/new guy (you can pick the best fitting character, they aren't different enough to me)

Gregor
    Pierce
    Price
    Fenet
    Tod
    Ren
    Lott
    Mick
    Dirk
    Thon
    Erak
    Levi
    Ashua
    Crick
    Kelth

I figured short, made up names would fit your story. Enjoy.
    I’m just trying to behave as I think a friend should behave. Granted, I haven’t had much practice.

~Elphaba Thropp, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire

Main character:
    Evening nn Eve
    Lydia
    Azalea
    Rosalee nn Rose
    Sapphire nn Saph
    Zara
    Xyla
    Katrina nn Kat

Best Friend:
    Gavriel
    Griffin
    Bastian
    Damien

New Boy:
    I think Lake would work better for him
    I don't have that many thoughts for this one, umm, maybe Aspen, Ash, or Cedar?
    (I don't know why I seem to be thinking of tree names)
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Mary Sue for the girl and Gary Stu for the first boy. Crikey!
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.