Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    What do I think of Ireland? It's a beautiful country with a fascinating history, known for its music, its beer, and its very green grass.

What do I think of naming a child Ireland? Tacky, trashy, and totally ridiculous. Your other children are beautifully named; don't ruin your sibset with such an awfully silly name.
    I'm just going to follow you around the boards dittoing you.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron (May '09) and Linus Roman (born 08.21.13)
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Felix Simon · Arthur · Malcolm · Desmond · Theodore · Jasper
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Fox · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki

I know it isn't a berry favorite but I love the name Ireland! I think it goes just fine with your other girls names, especially Willow. I would much rather meet a little Ireland than another girl with a boys name or a kre8tive spelling any day. If you love it go for it

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    It's a country. Yeah, I can see some country names making okay given names becuase they actually sound like names, but Ireland ends in land. It's a place! I just don't personally understand it. Plus, like pp said, it doesn't fit with your other daughters' names. Do you have any connection to Ireland at all? If so, it'd be all right as a MN. Or how about Erin, if you love the country?
    This. It's a country, and doesn't work as a person's name at all, IMO.

It will always be Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger's daughter's name to me. And she has been in the news lately, for not so good reasons. I would stay away from it.