Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middle Names for Guinevere

So in my last post, someone suggested Guinevere - and my husband and I have since fallen in love with it. I am 99.9% certain it is our girl name, and knock on wood our 2013 baby will be a girl so I can use the name! However, I cannot think of just the right middle name.

To me, Guinevere feels very much like a medieval tapestry - rich, dark, gilded - I think of deep greens and golds especially. I feel like we need a lighter and sweeter middle name to balance it out, perhaps?

I tend to like nature/floral names (as well as Gaelic-y names, though I feel Guinevere is close enough on its own), but I am open to any and all suggestions, since I don't know where to start. Thanks for your thoughts!

Guinevere Lake
    Guinevere Mae
    Guinevere Ivy
    Guinevere June
    Guinevere Fern
    Guinevere Rose

I don't feel like any of these are perfect yet, but I think you will find it. Guinevere is great. I think a short middle is better since Guinevere is QUITE weighty.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I agree completely on a short middle name. Thank you for the suggestions! I've ALWAYS loved Fern quite a lot, but my husband thinks it's too blah. Sad. I'm going to have to mull some of these over.

Good luck,
    Leigh

Married to my high school sweetheart
    Mother to Charles Nathaniel aka Charlie [1.26.09]
    Baby due [3.17.13]

For some reason Lacey is the first name that came to mind...Guinevere Lacey. I love the suggestions of Lake and Rose! If you're looking for something a little more playful, but still evoking nature and rich colours (at least for me), Guinevere Maple might work!