Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niteowl13 View Post
    The names on his list are not too modern, they are what I would call classics. The names you like are more vintage and not as popular. Maybe there is a vintage name that you like that is increasing in popularity that he might consider. For a girl, I see that you could use Lillian and nickname her Lily. Phineas could be called the more modern, Finn. There are lots of names that could have a vintage nickname. That might be the way to go.

Here are some names that you both might like:

Beatrice
    Cora
    Violet
    Vivienne/Vivian
    Evelyn, Evie, Eve
    Irene
    Ivy
    Meredith
    Elizabeth has so many cute, vintage nicknames - Betty, Betsy, Bess, Birdie, This might be your name though? Maybe a variation of Elizabeth?
    Isabelle/Isabel/Isobel, Isabella, Bella, Bettina?

For boys...

Desmond, Desi, Des
    Edmund
    Edward, Ned
    Theodore, Theo, Teddy, Ted
    Leland
    Holden
    Montgomery, Monty
    Vincent, Vinnie, Vin
    Phillip, Pip
    Felix

Good luck!
    See my previous posts for a more detailed explanation, but Lillian "Lily" wouldn't work for us, and neither would the vintage names with modern nicknames. I don't like popular names at all: I grew up with a very popular name and always had several other Ellies in my classes at school and it was so annoying. When I announce my baby's name, I want people to think "Oh, that's cool" rather than "oh, another Lily" or w/e we chose. I want it to be an unusual name that not many people would share, but it has to still be a legitimate name, not madeup. I like Beatrice, but my BF would definitely not go for that. Edward was my grandfather's name, and I never met him so it would be weird to use his name I think. We hate nicknames too, we'd rather just call our child Teddy instead of Theodore, I don't see the point in a longer name if you're going to call them something else anyway.

??????????

I don't know if this will help, but what about the name Laurel? It has a recognizable, classic sound because of the name Laura but it is not popular itself. It also has no intuitive nicknames, so you would be able to stick to the full name without problems.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine.10 View Post
    I don't know if this will help, but what about the name Laurel? It has a recognizable, classic sound because of the name Laura but it is not popular itself. It also has no intuitive nicknames, so you would be able to stick to the full name without problems.
    Not sure about Laurel, it sounds a little dated to me, but it could grow on me!