Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If you like Lillian and he likes Lily, it seems like Lillian nn Lily (you can call her by the full name if you prefer) would be an easy choice. I like Thomas and Oliver (though Oliver is too popular for my taste) from his list and LOVE Walter and Martin from yours. Maybe Davis could work? Not sure if either of you likes that name. Or just go with Martin Thomas/ Walter Thomas?
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

Other names that come to mind based on your lists below. Do any of these appeal, or have the opposite effect?
    Kay
    Kathleen
    Ainsley
    Florence
    Lauren
    Casandra
    Georgia
    Kate or Catherine
    Avery
    Meredith
    Jean
    Audrey
    Caroline

Charles or Charlie
    Lawrence
    Felix
    Adrian
    Vince/Vincent
    Philip
    Samson
    Merrick
    Leith
    Briar
    Malcolm/Colm
    James
    Ian
    Alexis
    Zane
    Thomas
    Bryn
    Holden
    Last edited by blueberrya; June 30th, 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberrya View Post
    Other names that come to mind based on your lists below. Do any of these appeal, or have the opposite effect?
    Kay
    Kathleen
    Ainsley
    Florence
    Lauren
    Casandra
    Georgia
    Kate or Catherine
    Avery
    Meredith
    Jean
    Audrey
    Caroline

Charles or Charlie
    Lawrence
    Felix
    Adrian
    Vince/Vincent
    Philip
    Samson
    Merrick
    Leith
    Briar
    Malcolm/Colm
    James
    Ian
    Alexis
    Zane
    Thomas
    Bryn
    Holden
    I like Florence, but it's way too popular for me to consider. From the boys list, I like Charles but again it's too popular

The names on his list are not too modern, they are what I would call classics. The names you like are more vintage and not as popular. Maybe there is a vintage name that you like that is increasing in popularity that he might consider. For a girl, I see that you could use Lillian and nickname her Lily. Phineas could be called the more modern, Finn. There are lots of names that could have a vintage nickname. That might be the way to go.

Here are some names that you both might like:

Beatrice
    Cora
    Violet
    Vivienne/Vivian
    Evelyn, Evie, Eve
    Irene
    Ivy
    Meredith
    Elizabeth has so many cute, vintage nicknames - Betty, Betsy, Bess, Birdie, This might be your name though? Maybe a variation of Elizabeth?
    Isabelle/Isabel/Isobel, Isabella, Bella, Bettina?

For boys...

Desmond, Desi, Des
    Edmund
    Edward, Ned
    Theodore, Theo, Teddy, Ted
    Leland
    Holden
    Montgomery, Monty
    Vincent, Vinnie, Vince, Vin
    Phillip, Pip
    Felix

Good luck!
    Last edited by niteowl13; June 30th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tct1219 View Post
    If you like Lillian and he likes Lily, it seems like Lillian nn Lily (you can call her by the full name if you prefer) would be an easy choice. I like Thomas and Oliver (though Oliver is too popular for my taste) from his list and LOVE Walter and Martin from yours. Maybe Davis could work? Not sure if either of you likes that name. Or just go with Martin Thomas/ Walter Thomas?
    He hates Lillian though, like HATES, which seems odd because of how much he likes Lily (he doesn't love Lily, but he likes it). Neither of us see the point in nicknames unless they're a personal thing (like nicknaming a short person Tiny or Mini or something) either, it would only be Lillian or only be Lily. Lily is too popular and has a bit of a trashy reputation in my area for me.