Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I appear to be different... I'd assume Luke was short for Lucas, and Jake was just Jake. This is, like most people, because of people I've met in the past; the only Jakes I've known haven't been short for anything. I love both as full names, though agree with cannebella in thinking Lucas and Jacob would probably age better.
    Becky
    Just a 16 year old girl obsessed with names and naming things not yet here.

Alice Jayne | Azalea Juliet | Charlotte Ophelia
    Elizabeth Blythe | Poppy Artemis

Archer William | Henry Tobias | Leo Alexander
    Rowan Elijah | Theodore Michael

I think even if someone did assume it was nicknames, they'd still call them by that if that's what they said their names were. And personally, I'd think their names were Jake and Luke, I never really assume someone's name is short for anything; unless it's super obvious, which I don't feel like these are.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 20!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

I might assume they are, because I know a lot of people start by introducing themselves by what they want to be called these days. For example, now I like to go by my full name but when I was younger, I'd always introduce myself by my nickname.

They're a little similar to each other but I think you could potentially get away with it. As to which I prefer, neither is really my sort of name, but I'll suppose Luke.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

If I met a Luke & Jake, I'd think it was their full names and I think they make a great sibset. The only thing they have in common is the number of syllables and the -ke at the end... which is not the stressed part of the name, so I think it's fine to use them together.
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

I would assume that they are probably short for Lucas and Jacob, however, a quick correction and no big deal.

My friend named her boys Lucas and Jacob so no I don't think Luke and Jake are to close to be brother names. I like them.