• Ivy Lulu

1 2.33%
  • Ivy Miranda

20 46.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby Ivy???

Baby Ivy???

Help pls!! After your thoughts on a MN for baby Ivy (due in 5 weeks). I want something with a little wow factor but not too weird. Pls let me know what you think (be brutal/I can take it) TIA

Ivy Scarlett
    Ivy Lulu
    Ivy Lola

Well... I really like Ivy Scarlett but I voted Ivy Miranda. I think Ivy Miranda has a really nice flow to it. When you also consider that Ivy is a plant and Scarlett a color... that seemed like a bit much. So Ivy Miranda won by a nose. The other ones did not appeal to me at all.

Thanks Wintersage! Appreciate your feedback. If you could suggest any other pretty names that would suit as a MN for Ivy please let me know

From a sound and flow perspective, I think the 3 syllable Miranda works best. But each of the middle names puts a different spin on the name Ivy... I will use the Harry Potter series as an example of what I mean.

Miranda makes Ivy feel more classic, feminine, and traditional. I think of Ivy Miranda as a girly-girl. This name conjures the image of Fleur Delacour.

Scarlett makes Ivy "feel" more trendy but also more spunky. I see a popular girl, athletic girl- she is the Ginny Weasley of the crowd.

Ivy Lola "feels" edgy to me. I see a little rebel here , the girl who defies authority when she can. I actually see this girl as having the personality of Fred & George Weasley.

ivy Lulu "feels" kind of ditzy to me - the name makes me think of Luna Lovegood.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Thank you Paw!