Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New boys names? (Unusual/Quirky!)

Since discovering my second favorite boys name, is far too similar to my top girls name. (Evander and Lavender), I find myself in need of a new boys name combination. I still love the Combo of Evander Alcott, but I would use Lavender first at this point, and wouldn't want to risk using Evander at the chance of ever using Lavender. It's a bit crushing, because I always thought if I had two boys, I'd get my Evander (nn Anders), so I worked hard to perfect the combo, my favorite author, along with a way to honour the father Andrew, with the nn Anders.
    So! There's all the names in my signature you can use make combinations, except for Lachlan Alexander (that's the top!) Plus I'll just post my random list of boys names I've had saved for awhile. (Keep family names as middles only!) Please feel free to suggest anything, we definitely like boys names that are clear cut boys names with very few exceptions!)

Adair
    Alasdair
    Dresden
    Maxim (Family name)
    Harrison (This is too long to go with the 3 syllable last name I think)
    Theron
    Decimus
    Alcott
    Cadell
    Auberon/Oberon
    Rafferty (Rafe)
    Roux
    Thane
    Walter (Family Name)
    Philip (Family Name)
    Shawn (Family Name)
    Ramsay
    Orion

I'm not even sure what you would consider my style, it's honestly a bit of everywhere! Definitely something more unique and unusual! (For the Aussie berries, where my #1 name, is also #1, it's basically unheard of here in Canada! Only about 15 born each year where I live out of 50,000+ babies!)

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I see your concern and as we share a bit of the same tastes, I just want to say that I too prefer Lavender to Evander in the grand scheme of sibsets, lol. That being said, would you be ok with Lachlan and Lav sharing a first inital? I know some people are terribly bothered by it and some don't mind a bit, but I guess it would also depend on the number of children you think you want. I am going to pick sort of a weird standpoint and say that if you do go that route it might be fun to at least make sure a potential third child had an L in their name somewhere, even if it was going to start with another letter. That would give you: Alasdair, Alcott, Cadell, Philip (mn), Walter (mn), and William from this list. (And Natalie, Adelaide, Pearl, Fable, Alina, and Cordelia). To give you some ideas and partly for my own enjoyment, here are some combos. =]

Alasdair Shawn
    Alasdair Thane
    Cadell Rafferty
    Cadell Phillip
    Dresden Philip
    Dresden William
    Harrison Alcott
    *Harrison Walter
    *Rafferty Shawn
    Rafferty Philip
    Ramsay Alcott
    *Ramsay William

With Lavender especially, I was really struck by how much I like Harrison, but is this supposed to be a mn or a first? If a first, then I don't see why his 3 syllables are any different of a match with your last name than hers would be.
    By the way, doesn't Lachlan AlexANDER also honor your father just as well? =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Roland
    Elena : Felicity : Julia

Walter Dresden jumped out at me immediately.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Why don't you look at this list to generate a more narrowed search?

http://nameberry.com/blog/sweet-spot...d-standing-out

Best of luck.

I love Lavender and Evander! From your list, I love:

Walter
    Alcott
    Phillip