Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    @nymph: Drive two hours north to Flagstaff and you'll fit in perfectly.

Sometimes I feel like my naming style is different than the typical Arizona family, but then people surprise me and name their kid something classic or vintage or unusual. But, honestly, I think anywhere I go is going to be different from my naming style, just because my naming style is not anywhere in the top 100 names. I'm going to encounter numerous Sophia's and Jacob's regardless of if I'm in Los Angeles, CA or Kalamazoo, MI and that's just not the way I roll.

So much of naming style is based on context. If in the U.S., you're the kind of person who thinks "Not another Jayden!" chances are pretty good that after a few years in the UK you'd be thinking "Not another Alfie!"

I have been told by many local friends that my children's name would sound more at home in the UK, or, any part of Europe really. I live in central PA so yes, the large majority of namers where I live choose differently than I do.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

If in the U.S., you're the kind of person who thinks "Not another Jayden!" chances are pretty good that after a few years in the UK you'd be thinking "Not another Alfie!"

I agree with this, I have feet in both camps (family in the US and lived in the UK for 18 years) and I get quite bored of names like Alfie, Olivia, Sophie, Jack in the UK and shudder when I hear the creative or trendy names my American family come up with.

I don't know where I belong, my naming style is so different to everywhere I've lived, but definitely don't fit in Scotland, Finland or Midwestern US.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Ummmmm yes! I'd do well on the French side of the Basque Country. I'd probably use a French first name in that situation anyway, though, so being that I live in a bilingual French-English community in Ontario as it is, French names don't stick out, and the more recently born children I know have classic, or more obscure (but totally legit and historical) names, so I still don't think I'd stick out much here with my first name picks.
    Lucia
    Seraphine, Jemima, Leonor, Seffora, Eulalia
    Edmund, Marius, Joscelin, Earnest, Caspar