Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Goldenrod is certainly a bold choice, but I think you can make it work in this case, especially with Goldie as usable nickname.

Unfortunately, I don't have any new opinions to offer, but just want to advise staying away from both sylvie and Aurelia. Goldenrod Sylvie does sound like gold/silver and Goldenrod Aurelia is too golden, since Aurelia means golden. I know most ppl wouldn't know the meaning, but still.

Best of luck!

Oops, accidentally posted again...:P
    Last edited by larkub101; June 30th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphalis antiopa View Post
    Goldenrod is the name of the first child in my nom's family to be born in America. It's a a name with a lot of meaning to me and I get mostly positive reaction when I test drive it. That being said, I know it's not for everyone. I can't decide which middle I like best. I keep going back and forth. Here are the ones I like best in the middle:
    Aurelia
    Phyllida
    Seraphine
    Yara
    Finola
    Minerva
    Sylvie
    Leonie
    Hermione

Other possibilities I have considered:
    Arrietty
    Adelphia
    Fiona
    Soleil
    Calliope
    Ophelia
    Cordelia
    Renata
    Amelie
    Verity
    Cressida
    Vega
    Ariadne
    I really like Goldenrod Phyllida, Sylvie, Fiona, and Ophelia. They compliment the name but also "tame" it down a bit. I think Goldenrod is beautiful.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I like Goldenrod Sylvie, Goldenrod Ariadne, or Goldenrod Cordelia.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

It is a bold choice, I can definitely agree with that. I get strange looks sometimes from people with my kids' names. Some people think I made them up, like Juniper is just a kree8tyv spelling of Jennifer and Pyrus is just The Aiden/Hayden/Jayden/Kayden of Cyrus. A quick google search usually fixes those assumptions. Most people really love their names though and they suit them. I think it will probably be that way with Goldenrod too, except the flower is definitely more well known than either of my little "tree spirits". Here they are btw:

1000405_10152962879075548_1961914632_n.jpg
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; June 30th, 2013 at 12:45 AM.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[