Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are all -wyn, -wen, -win names out for me?

Obviously, I love names that end in -wyn, -wen, -win, and -wan. I love so many Welsh names but I feel like I can't use them because they all sound too similar to Rowan. What do you think, should I just stop considering names with strong W sounds?

The names I love but feel are too close...

Arwen
    Elowyn
    Darwin
    Ceridwen
    Eilonwy
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I don't think so. You can definitely use Eilonwy (how adorable would Rowan & Eilonwy be?). Arwen and Rowan are too close for me, they share four of the same letters. Elowyn (Elowen?), Darwin and Ceridwen are fine too, I'd actually die if you used Ceridwen, as I might not get to use it.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

With Rowan, I think Eilonwy and Ceridwen are usable not only because they sound different enough (probably due to the fact that they're three-syllables compared to Rowan's two syllable name). I would eliminate the other three because they sound too similar to Rowan.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I don't think so. You can definitely use Eilonwy (how adorable would Rowan & Eilonwy be?). Arwen and Rowan are too close for me, they share four of the same letters. Elowyn (Elowen?), Darwin and Ceridwen are fine too, I'd actually die if you used Ceridwen, as I might not get to use it.
    You really think Elowyn/Elowen isn't too close to Rowan? I must be really bad at recognizing like sounds, or maybe it's my accent. It would shoot right to the top of my list if the majority of people didn't think they sounded too similar.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:35 AM.