William 'Will'
    Theodore 'Ted'/'Theo'
    Callum 'Cal'
    Conan...nn 'Con'?
    Daniel 'Dan'
    Wesley 'Wes'

You get the gist.

Hope that helped!
    Last edited by calypsotheoneandonly; June 29th, 2013 at 11:56 PM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Jasper nn Jas (prn Jazz)

When I think about naming characters, I back up a generation and try to think of what the parents would have named their kids. What are Mr. and Mrs. Bell like? Earthy people--and if so, of the relaxed earthy variety or the hippie earthy variety? Higher-strung, WASPy people? Rural, urban, suburban? Where are they from, and is the story set in the present day? Are the parents the type to like the names they hear more frequently (and thus whatever was more popular whatever year each kid was born) or the type to go with tradition or family names or the type to buck all tradition or popularity? Perhaps that will help.

I personally would definitely not name the character Ronan if there is a Taylor Swift song "character" with a similar story and the same name. And since it doesn't quite fit anyway, what about (from a variety of backgrounds/parental tastes):

Franklin (Frankie)
    Alban (Albie)
    Wade
    John Parker or John Lincoln
    Andrew (Drew)
    Eamon or Ian or Owen
    Caspian (Caz)
    Xander
    Kevin
    Hugo
    Dominic (Dom, Nick, Nico)
    Winslow or Winston (Win)
    Solomon (Sol)

Err...how about you go with the obvious alternative to Ronan? Rowan, for anyone who didn't get that. Gabriel is another option.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Thanks everyone