Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on Seraphina and Fianna, nn Fia

I know what you're thinking: why not just use Fia? Easy explanation: hubby likes long, frilly names, and this is the compromise (because I really want Fia!). Thanks to Berry brilliance on another thread, we got a huge list of names that could use Fia for short. Seraphina and Fianna made the cut. The meaning is cool on both, so we're putting them on our list of possibilities for a hypothetical future daughter.

So, what are your thoughts on Seraphina, and Fianna? Any big bad negatives, soundalikes, you know, all that good stuff. We don't mind about Jennifer Garner - hubby didn't know and I don't care, and even with her influence there were only about 150 little Seraphina's last year.

Thanks!
    Last edited by saracita00; July 8th, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

If it has come down to these 2, my pick is Fianna. While I do love Seraphina, it is associated with Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. Also, I think I read that your name is Sarah? In the middle spot it would be cute, but it is too similar to your own name for the first.
    Fianna matches well with Peregrine, I think.
    All of your children have beautiful names btw!

I prefer Seraphina and don't care about celebrity associations too much, but I think Fianna feels more like the long form of Fia. However, like you said, you have Eve with a longer middle name, so why not Fia with a longer middle name? I'd push for that if I were you.

I prefer Seraphina — all your kids have unusual but established names; Fianna is trendy and made-up in comparison.

For the nickname Fia, I'd suggest Fiamma or Fiammetta —*meaning "flame" in Italian and used as names there.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarplumfairy View Post
    Fianna is trendy and made-up in comparison.
    Yeah, I just did some Googling about Fianna. I thought it was more widely used as a name but it seems to be more of a folklore word meaning 'soldiers' and a modern day political party name.
    Last edited by renrose; June 29th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.