Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I like both! I think I prefer Seraphina though, but next to Eve, I have to go with Fianna simply because it's shorter. Two lovely names IMO!

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvi ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Yeah, I just did some Googling about Fianna. I thought it was more widely used as a name but it seems to be more of a folklore word meaning 'soldiers' and a modern day political party name.
    Really! I'm with you, I was thinking it was just one of those "old forgotten" names.

Hm. I was going to go with Fianna, but if it's true that it wasn't really used much as a name that would influence my opinion in favor of Seraphina. (Now why on earth is my computer's auto-correct accepting Fianna but underlining Seraphina as misspelled? Get with the times, spelling software!)

Ahem. Back to the issue. Seraphina is a bit frilly for my taste, but that really is inconsistent because I like a few frillissima choices such as Christiana and Georgiana; it's a bit celebrity-associated, but you said that doesn't bother you (and the only reason I knew Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck used it was because of Nameberry); and it has the sound of your name in it, but your husband likes that, so it could actually be a plus. And it's Fia you want, so if Seraphina will make you both happy, go for it!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

@auroradawn, I don't know, Christiana and Georgiana are at least a little bit grounded; they may have frill but they are frill made out of antique lace, the kind with a little bit of weight to it. Seraphina is frill made of chiffon with another layer of chiffon on top. Magnolia is my favorite "frill" name but even it's on the clunky side; hubby says it's not a frilly name. I am discovering why we never agree, lol. It's all useful discussion though, thanks.

@renrose, So I had a moment to Google Fianna and this is me banging my head on the keyboard: oijkngjkfgbeiwowepo. We had Saoirse on our list once, but ruled it out due to spelling and...Irish political connections. Un. Be. Lievable. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    @renrose, So I had a moment to Google Fianna and this is me banging my head on the keyboard: oijkngjkfgbeiwowepo. We had Saoirse on our list once, but ruled it out due to spelling and...Irish political connections. Un. Be. Lievable. Thanks for the heads up.
    Saoirse is actually alright as it's genuinely used as a name, Irish actress Saoirse Ronan will be bringing it more into use too I imagine. Yes it means 'freedom' but I don't think it's as political as it seems. I understand about the spelling issue though.
    Last edited by renrose; June 30th, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!