• Imogen

21 53.85%
  • Ida

5 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sister for Ramona and Bruce

These are some names that I am thinking about for our short list for my second daughter due in November. If we have a boy in the future his name will be Bruce after my husband's late father so we are looking for a name that would fit the sibset. Our last name sounds like cow-her.

Right now our short list includes
    Sylvie
    Margot
    Mabel

My husband really doesn't like alliteration in the names so we took some other favorites off the list-Clio, Claudia, and Cornelia.
    Last edited by rosebyanyothername; June 29th, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

Bruce and Florence are much too close. Honestly, I'd vote to keep Florence as a first name and use Bruce as a mn, but I realize Bruce is a very meaningful name for you. Ida sounds like an old woman to me... But Etta reminds me of Etta James, which is a wonderful connection. Imogen is just a lovely name, and makes me think of 'imagination'... so I always think of a very creative and artistic little girl. So I voted for Etta and Imogen...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I like Imogen and Florence best with Ramona and Bruce. Florence was my first pick, and I didn't even realize they both had a "ce" ending until I read the above comment. Although, it is a good observation. Great names! Funny, from the title mentioning Ramona and Bruce I thought that they were a cool, funky sib set, and yet you didn't "pick" Bruce out of a bunch of different names. I would have never known, because Bruce and Ramona both have a similar charm. Neat.

Honestly, I don't think Bruce and Florence are too close. As I pronounce them, the sibilant sound at the end of Florence is very brief, but it's much more extended in Bruce.

As much as I love Etta and Ida though, I'd be careful with your last name....Etta can lead to 'Et a cow'. Similarly, Ida sounds like 'I'da cower' (I'd have cowered).
    Obsessing over names since 1964

Imogen is my favorite of the four names but i think Florence sounds better as a sibset