• Etta

5 12.82%
  • Imogen

21 53.85%
  • Ida

5 12.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I picked both Florence and Imogen. I see the Florence and Bruce ending issue, but as the previous poster said, the sounds are a bit different to me. Imogen is cool too, similar to Ramona to me in it's rather unusualness, not-frilly, slightly spunky femininity. As the previous poster mentioned, I think it's wise to stay away from Ida with your surname. It's the classic cheesy knock-knock joke name, and since starts with cow and sounds kinda like cow-herd (?), too...well, "I da cow" "I da cow herd" are not fun if she turns into a chubby middle schooler. (Same, to a lesser extent for Etta...could easily turn into "ate a cow" "eat a cow"?)

I love Ramona, Bruce, and Florence together. So mid-century modern to me. In your existing list, I think Margot is the best fit with Ramona & Bruce in style/era. I also love Mabel, but it feels weird next to Bruce.

And I absolutely LOVE that you are using Bruce, btw. It is my FIL's name as well and we are also planning to use it, though probably as a mn. (I'm opposed to confusion with honor naming, so no first names after any immediate relations who are still alive.)

Florence fits the sibset best of those 4.

Thanks for your help ladies! Hoping for a few more votes

I have been having Ramona repeat various names after me like "say...Margot, say...Imogen" and I have to say it makes some of the names cuter than ever to me! Margot, Imogen and Sylvie are adorable in her little 2 year old speak!
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013