Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Spotting

Aww, she will come around. It's just as much a shock for her as it is for you. It is quite early to be spreading the news, so that is part of the reason she had the reaction she did.

But, congratulations! It's normal to feel shocked. Most of us did when we found out, even if we were trying to conceive. To become pregnant with your first child is to take on a new identity, and that is very jarring initially. I definitely went through a 2-3 day period of feeling a bit of grief and sadness at the self-centered life I was losing. After that, though, I was able to focus on the joy and excitement.

As much as it probably doesn't feel like it to you, it IS still very, very early. Try not to get too ahead of yourself. Most pregnancy healthcare workers will tell you not even to really consider yourself pregnant until you have your first ultrasound around 8 weeks and it shows a heartbeat. Chances are, you'll be just fine, but early on, anything can happen.

Hope that doesn't damper anything because I really, really do want to congratulate you foremost!
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Thanks for the encouraging words! I am trying not to get ahead of myself. I know anything can happen. I am trying to find a good balance between not fetting too excited because I don't want to be let down if anything were to happen, but also not stressing and worrying over every little possibility.

I talked to a good friend and she was very encouraging, an so excited for us. My husbands parents are so happy. Just kind of feels like a tragic loss that my own mother wasnt happy with the news. I mean, I already have raging hormones as it is!

Iteresting you said it took a few days to grieve the self centered life you will never have again! That is how I feel. Silly and stupid but true.

It's okay, accidental babies are the best surprises! To hopefully help calm your fears a bit, I was referred by my ob to a random obstetrician and my overall experience with him was very positive. And I definitely started with the same fear as you about being judged, but everyone there was very nice. People who work around babies tend to be, so try not to worry about that. Also my mom did not take the news well initially. It was a while before she got used to the idea, but the important thing is to not let her reservations affect your own mood. I promise grandma will come around. Early but happy congratulations to you and your husband! =]
    Last edited by amydomsmom; March 18th, 2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: edit out personal info
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Thank you SO much amydomsmom that was so very encouraging! It is nice to know that someone else had the same timid feeling, and that your mother was both thrilled at first! It's nice to hear everything turned out find for everyone in the end

It's been a rough first day! Everything is so new and scary and unreal! Hoping it gets better soon and becomes more real and exciting thank you!!!

I know you said it's a big surprise, but can't have been too much of a surprise as you've posted every month wondering if you're pregnant and trying to detect pregnancy symptoms.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; July 2nd, 2013 at 08:51 PM.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter