Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Spotting

One step at a time! The bump or babycenter online or hit up the library for some books (I like the mayo clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy for a good basic reference).

Yes you're young, but this sounds like something you really wanted. It's normal to panic and feel overwhelmed (I was 26 when I found out we were expecting and still had a moment of "crap, what have we done?!"). You'll make it work.

Finding an OB isn't too hard, do a bit of research on what hospital makes sense for delivery and what your insurance covers and make the call. Ask a friend for recommendations or wing it...if you don't mesh, you can always change doctors early on. I got quite lucky just calling the obgyn office at the hospital I knew I wanted (close to home, awesome maternity center). If you like your primary care doctor, he or she might have a recommendation.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

Thank you everyone! Actually, we we WERE using contraception... especially when I knew I was ovulating! this time it just happened to... well... fail... if you catch my drift.

I am trying to calm down. It doesn't quite feel real yet and my head is in a tizzy. One part of me is extatic, the other part of me is saying 'oh crap my whole life just changed' the other part is nervous as hell! Mostly I just feel numb right now, like I'm dreaming! wow..... just wow! Don't know where to start!!

I felt that way when I got pregnant too, and I was 29. It is a huge change, and I did some not pregnancy approved things before I realised I had a baby in my tummy, so I was pretty nervous. What I can say is that everything changed when I became a mother, in a good way. Apart from the sick in my hair and on my shirt, and not beng able to go to the loo on my own, it's pretty great! She's the best accident of my life. And you feel that way too, I'm sure.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

So excited for you! Miscarriages can have a genetic component, yes. But even aside from that, they're just very common. Up to 50% of pregnancies (including chemical and the ones the mom's don't even know about) end that way. But you're young and healthy and that works in your favor! Take your prenatal vitamin, drink lots of water, and just take it easy! Aside from that, there's nothing you can really do to prevent miscarriage. But try to think positive, healthy thoughts and just enjoy the moment. I'm all for telling your parents, I think the support is great. Congrats!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Thanks all! We decide to tell our parents. My husband told his dad, who got teary eyed, asked what we wanted, about names etc! Then I told my mom... Not a nice reaction. Granted, she got married at 18 and had a baby at 20 and it ended HORRIBLY. My biological father was awful, they got divorced, she was a single mom. So when I got marrie young and now jut telling her I am pregnant... She was not very happy. The first thing she said was 'I'm so scared for you'... Way to make me feel better mom! Then she said there was nothing I could do about it now, and, after crying a ton, said she would call me later. Ugh not the reaction I wanted so much for support!