Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Spotting

Congratulations! As far as what to do, call your OB on Monday, and go from there :-)
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Congrats! Wow, that's great! Keep calm, sweetie. I, personally, wouldn't tell anyone else, but that's me. I know lots of people who've told family and close friends immediately. Good luck! And join our mummy thread !
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Yay!! Congratulations!!!

I had a feeling you might be on to something this month. As far as what to do...you celebrate with your DH and take it easy for the weekend if you're feeling off. And join the many lovely winter/spring 2014 moms to be on here.

Like whit said, you can call your OB Monday but chances are you won't be scheduled for another few weeks.

I am so freaking out! We weren't planning on this really! We are both young,... got married a year ago when I was 18 and he was 20! we are now 19 and 21 and very happy together, but hardly ready for a baby! I have been swooning over babies for months and secretly hoping I was somehow pregnant! But now that it has actually happened- I am freaking out! It was a totally accident this month!!!

I think it is important to tell both of our parents, as I know they would want to know. But I don't know how to tell them that they will be grandparents before they are 45! I am worried everyone will freak out! I am worried about labor, about feeling sick for the next 9 months... I know barely anything about pregnancy do's and donts! Also, miscarriges run in my family somewhat. My mom had two and my aunt has had thems (although she has fertility issues). Are miscarriages genetic and is it something I should worry about? Is there anything I can do to prevent it? I feel like My entire life has just change and I don't know where to start! I don't even HAVE an ob as my dr. told me that unless I got pregnant I wouldn't need one until I was 21. I am even nervouse that the drs will look down on me like I am some teen mom that can't make good decisions!!! So nervous!

Try and stay calm. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do to prevent a miscarriage, but I'm not an expert. You don't need to worry about labour yet, but I can tell you mine wasn't that bad. You probably won't feel sick for two long, I know people who've never had any morning sickness at all. Be excited and happy about it, the worrying won't do you any good. And I'm guessing you two did want to get pregnant, otherwise you would've used contraception, right? I think parents will be happy to become grandparents at a young age, they can be more helpful and everything.

There are lots of food you're not supposed to eat while you're pregnant, limit intake of alcohol, no smoking... there are tons of pregnancy sites on the internet, like babycenter.com.
    Last edited by ottilie; June 29th, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]