Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't think many would care. However, several of my cousins have children and their names overwhelmingly start with A and have a middle name starting with M (Angus Wade, Elsa Margaret, Amelia Mary, Anna Matilda and Alex James). My niece is Alexa Alison and our good friends have children named Ava Rose and Alex Quade. So, for that reason, I'm more hesitant to use a name beginning with A than I am any other letter! Not that that would really dissuade me. In terms of matching our children's names with cousins and older relatives, that doesn't concern me at all and would be impossible considering many of their names are now outdated.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I've considered it from my parents' view...i like quirky, off-beat names while my siblings go for less eccentric things. I don't want to give out the names of my nieces, but other names that have been tossed around as options for my siblings' children are Scarlett, William, Benjamin, Sadie, Katherine, etc.

I think about how my parents would feel if they were proudly naming off grandchildren...if they'd pause before my kids' names, or uncomfortably explain. It's important to me that my kids have names i love, but not to the point of making my family feel awkward or anything.

Thankfully my mom is pretty open-minded and my dad will grow to like practically anything. But if there was a name i knew they hated, i definitely wouldn't use it.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

The only thing I really keep in mind is future-children's cousins' names, and not wanting to be too similar or use their middle names as firsts, that sort of thing. For instance, there's an Ada, so I wouldn't use Ava.
    Current favorites:
    Genevieve - Eloise - Rosalie - Cecelia - Adelaide - Felicity
    and
    Theodore - Oliver - Henry - Myles - Silas - Finn

Although I do not have children yet and am a bit off from ttc, I will not be taking into account how my children's names will sound with anyone else's names in the family besides their siblings.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    I've considered it from my parents' view...i like quirky, off-beat names while my siblings go for less eccentric things. I don't want to give out the names of my nieces, but other names that have been tossed around as options for my siblings' children are Scarlett, William, Benjamin, Sadie, Katherine, etc.

I think about how my parents would feel if they were proudly naming off grandchildren...if they'd pause before my kids' names, or uncomfortably explain. It's important to me that my kids have names i love, but not to the point of making my family feel awkward or anything.

Thankfully my mom is pretty open-minded and my dad will grow to like practically anything. But if there was a name i knew they hated, i definitely wouldn't use it.
    That is exactly what I am talking about. I just think it would be odd for my mother to say, "These are my grandchildren Ian, Tyler, Michael, Kaiden, Elizabeth, McKynnah, and Aleigha." Just names that don't go together at all. Also, I know in my life people have said my whole family's names together. I don't want it to sound weird if they say "This is Jennifer, her husband _____, and her children _________, __________, and _________.

Maybe I am just overthinking this, but it really is a concern for me.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States