Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Whenever I see Regan I def say RAY-gan, as do most people I know. It seems to me to be like Megan and Meagan (both pn the same).
    Susannah ~ Marigold ~ Katharine ~ Violet ~ Annemarie ~ Thalia ~ Fiona ~ Juliet ~ Lucy ~ Elisabeth ~ Madeline ~ Primrose ~ Molly ~ Sophia ~
    William ~ Caspian ~ Timothy ~ Peter ~ Roland ~ Arthur ~ Percy ~ Elliot ~ Llewellyn ~ Nico ~ John Paul ~ Finn ~ Benedict ~ Faramir

Go for it. Even if people mispronounce her name occasionally, so what? Pretty much all of us have to deal with it. I would worry if you were using a fairly foreign name that is uncommon to wherever she will be growing up. Like Sadhbh would be totally cruel to use on a kid where I'm from, but Regan is pretty straightforward. Sure, some people will mispronounce it, but it's a quick correction and I don't think it will be too bothersome. I have to correct people fairly often and my name is pretty straightforward too, but it happens and I don't think she's going to suffer from people occasionally pronounce her name Ray-gun.

I have one of those names that is always mispronounced- Tamara. I have had to correct people on the pronunciation my entire life, but the thing is, you only have to correct each person once, and then they get. It's not a big deal to me at all. If you love Regan, use it. Your daughter will be fine.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

I have a name that has two possible pronunciations, and most people initially go with the "other" one first. Usually I just have to correct each person once, and it's not a big deal. I will personally give my children names that only have one clear pronunciation but sometimes even "safe" names aren't so safe!

That being said, I think Regan is similar in that it could go either way, Ray-gun or Ree-gun. But once she says, "Regan, rhymes with vegan," then she's good to go. For all the times I've had to correct someone, I haven't regretted my name. Regan Elizabeth is beautiful! I think you should go for it.
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper

I would automatically pronounce it Ree-gan, but I'm British and love King Lear! I don't know where the 'Ray' sound would even come from!

I say embrace it, and teach people the correct pronunciation as you go!
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858