Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rosemary Sophia

10 38.46%
  • Rosemary Ireland

1 3.85%
  • Rosemary Eire/Rosemary Erin

2 7.69%
  • Rosemary Theresa

2 7.69%
  • Rosemary Grace

2 7.69%
  • Rosemary Cecelia

8 30.77%
  • Rosemary Madeleine

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WDYT of Rosemary + Middle names?

What do you think of the name Rosemary? It's a family name (my granny's name, also my middle name) but besides that I've alwaaaaaaaaays loved Rose/Rosie as a nickname and the image it conjures.

Middle name choices are varied at this point:

Rosemary Sophia

(Sophia is a family name for my husband, his great grandmother who helped to raise him was named Sophia but it's too popular and I work in a preschool so I have at least 3 close associations with this name that make it unusable as a first name. However, I do love it in a middle name spot).

Rosemary Madeleine

(Madeleine is my great grandma who instilled in me a love of books. I love this name but DH doesn't love it, he 'likes' it enough to be in a middle name spot but he doesn't know if he likes it enough for a first name)

Rosemary Theresa

(Theresa's a name I've always loved. Catholic saint is an added bonus. No family connotation but I love it.)

Rosemary Cecelia

(Cecelia is basically the same as Theresa. Love the elegance of this name, the sound of it. Catholic saint)

Rosemary Ireland

(Ireland is totally a guilty pleasure name for me, I love it. Husband hatessss it and refuses to even consider it as a first name. Eire or Erin are other options that honor it.)

Rosemary Grace

(Always loved the name Grace. There's no other connection really and it feels kinda like a filler name. Not to mention I love Grace as a first name but I love it with Rosemary I think it sounds beautiful.)
    Last edited by aillidh; June 29th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

I love Rosemary. And I voted too soon.

Reading through the options, I love the sound of Rosemary Grace...I don't really care if a middle name is classified as filler, if you love it that's all that matters and it does sound lovely.

After reading your descriptions though, I think it's edged out by Rosemary Sophia...I like that then you're giving her a special name from both sides of your family.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

I love Rosemary too! I voted for Rosemary Sophia, but how would you feel about using 2 middle names? Rosemary Sophia Madeleine would be nice too

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

DH likes Rosemary Sophia best as well. He's been holding out for me to agree lol.

I like the idea of two middle names but I don't know that I'd want to give 1 child two middles and the next child only 1, y'know?
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

Rosemary Sophia is beautiful. My favorite by far.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine