Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Opinions on LYRA?

Really like this name for our first baby due in January next year if it's a girl. My first thought about Lyra Belacqua from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials, which are books that I love, so that's not a problem.

I think it's a really pretty, simple name.

What do you think of it?

I love Lyra! She is a great character to be named after, too. I would totally use it!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I love Lyra! My one hang-up with Lyra is Philip Pullman's novels--religiously, I have issues with the series--but I realize not everyone does, and if it doesn't bother you, I think Lyra is great. I would love to meet a little Lyra.

I love it! Love my own name. ^-^
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

My OH wants to use this for our baby, but I'm not keen on the sound of it, though I do like all the connections. Not sure what it is that puts me off though, maybe the word 'lie' in it, though I'm not usually bothered by things like that.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.