Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 6 to 10 of 13
  1. #6
    Trendy for me is when a name was somewhat uncommon and then suddenly became uber popular. Or the rise in popularity wasn't gradual.

  2. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,655
    To me, trendy names are names that seem to come out of nowhere (and are usually made-up or don't have a great deal of history behind them), are super popular overnight, then pretty much disappear after a few years. Kennedy would be a good example. There was a period in the 90s when a bunch of little girls were named Kennedy (or even worse, Kennedi) and by 2000, no one was really naming their daughter that anymore.

  3. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    To me, trendy names are names that seem to come out of nowhere (and are usually made-up or don't have a great deal of history behind them), are super popular overnight, then pretty much disappear after a few years. Kennedy would be a good example. There was a period in the 90s when a bunch of little girls were named Kennedy (or even worse, Kennedi) and by 2000, no one was really naming their daughter that anymore.
    Kennedy has become way more popular in the last 10 years than it was in the 1990's.


    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_anton_yelchin1990
    Trendy for me is when a name was somewhat uncommon and then suddenly became uber popular. Or the rise in popularity wasn't gradual.
    This.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

    Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

    Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

  4. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    Kennedy has become way more popular in the last 10 years than it was in the 1990's.
    It appears you are correct, though in my area, the name stopped being popular at least ten years ago. It still has a trendy feel though because it didn't even chart until 1994 and it made its debut in the 500s. Then in one year it jumped up 300 spots, so iin two years you went from hearing no girls named Kennedy to quite a few.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    It appears you are correct, though in my area, the name stopped being popular at least ten years ago. It still has a trendy feel though because it didn't even chart until 1994 and it made its debut in the 500s. Then in one year it jumped up 300 spots, so iin two years you went from hearing no girls named Kennedy to quite a few.
    It's definitely trendy! It's twice as high in my state as the national ranking (which I find very surprising).
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

    Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

    Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •