Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Would these ever work on a little boy?

Hi, I'm no where having a child, but I like making list. I've made quite a list and I wondered if it would suit a little boy. And now I'd like some opinions. ^^

Aaron
    Agenor
    Alaric
    Alastair
    Alejandro
    Apollo
    Arcas
    Ares
    Armando
    Benjamin
    Cain
    Caleb
    Calix
    Carlisle
    Cassius
    Charles
    Cobalt
    Damon
    Deandre
    Demetrius
    Dionysus
    Edwyn
    Emyr
    Eoin
    Epaphus
    Erebus
    Eros
    Eryx
    Francis
    Gable
    Gabriel
    Galahad
    Gawain
    Gwynfor
    Hades
    Helios
    Heracles
    Ilyas
    Io
    Ivan
    Julian
    Julius
    Jupiter
    Kieran
    Lemuel
    Leopold
    Lithium
    Lucas
    Lucien
    Luke
    Lyall
    Lyros
    Lysander
    Marquis
    Mars
    Minos
    Mordecai
    Mordred
    Nathaniel
    Perseus
    Polydeuces
    Priapus
    Raiden
    Roman
    Ruben
    Rupert
    Sachin
    Santiago
    Sarpedon
    Scorpio
    Sebastian
    Sergey
    Seth
    Silviu
    Tristan
    Vasiliy
    Vincent
    Vladimir
    William
    Xander
    Xavier
    Xerxes
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

Absolutely would work on a little boy!: Aaron, Benjamin, Caleb, Charles, Gabriel, Luke, Nathaniel, Ruben (often spelled Reuben) , Seth, William
    Those are all solid classics and mostly very popular names. You'd never have an issue with them.

Slightly less common, but still recognizable and would work fine: Alastair, Damon, Francis, Julian, Ivan, Lucas, Rupert, Vincent, Sebastian, Xavier, Roman, Tristan, Kieran, Xander, Edwyn (though spelled Edwin)

Recognizable, but would likely be seen as "weird" by many people (at least in my area), but not out of the realm of possibility: Alejandro, Apollo, Armando, Carlisle, Julius, Leopold, Vladimir, Cain, Gable, Cassius, Sergey, Santiago, Alaric, Deandre,

Would be seen as super weird to most people in my area, mostly because they are names of various pagan gods and aren't seen as usable first names to people, I wouldn't encourage you to use them in the first name spot unless you're really open to a lot of weird looks and criticism: Agenor, Arcas, Ares, Calix, Cobalt, Demetrius, Dionysus, Emyr, Eoin, Epaphus, Erebus, Eros, Eryx, Galahad, Gawain, Gwynfor, Ilyas, Lemuel, Lucien, Lyall, Lyros, Lysander, Mars, Minos, Mordecai, Perseus, Priapus, Silviu, Vasiliy

Really, please don't name your kid this: Hades, Helios, Heracles, Mordred, Marquis, Jupiter, Io, Lithium, Polydeuces, Raiden, Sachin, Sarpedon, Scorpio, Xerxes
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

For me using pagan names would be better, rather than Biblical as I'm pagan myself, so it'd make some sense or at least in my head it does.
    I think those you listed in the not name kids that, is more guilty pleasures. I'd love having a Xerxes, but my girlfriend already vetoed it. But I don't see why it's so awful calling a child Marquis, it's just like Prince, Duke and Dean.
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

I do think there are mythological names that are usable. I'd consider names like Apollo, Argus, Atlas, Ajax, Damon, Griffin, Leander, Thor, Tristan, Troy and others to be usable. I'd just, personally, steer clear of names that have very strong negative connotations like Hades.

As for title names, I wouldn't consider Prince to be usable either, but then this is all my opinion. It would certainly depend on your location, language, background, etc. for whether those would cause a lot of problems. I know that I personally wouldn't want to be named something like Duchess--mostly because those types of names are used a lot of dogs in my area (Lady, Princess, Prince, Duke, etc.)
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Yeah, I know Hades would be hated. I'd do love the idea of a male Artemis, and the sad part is I have a last name starting with A. If I hader a girl and her name was Wednesday she'd possible be teased because of the association of The Addams Family, plus an Artemis would be A.A.
    I don't think Prince is either, Duke & Dean I'm more up to. At this moment I live in Denmark, but I really want to move to England and live. I've grown up in a little Province with a handful of Emmas, Emilies, Cecilie ectra (common Danish names + the top ten from when I was born). I would never want any of my children having to live with the idea of being another Luke or Gabriel, but rather out of their own name. But here in Denmark you hardly here any different names, the least common was Erik, I've heard and that's still quite normal. Or Per, which is a dated name. So no matter what name I choose it'll always be weird in Denmark.
    And as I have a different style than Sofie (the girlfriend), it'd be hard time when it actually comes to naming our children. She wants Arthur, Allistor and Gilbert. I can agree on Arthur as that has a meaning to me, but for her (being serious) it's because of the anime/manga Hetalia. And I don't want my children living with that over their head. I've lived with being Elizabeth with Z because my paternal grandmother felt I was named after my maternal grandmother Birthe Elisabeth. But then again, I think it's how you're raised and where you come from. Because here it's not normal naming children after family. Just pop on a name you love and s/he's good to go!
    I just remembered Rico is very unusual name in Denmark and my father has it. I just had forgotten, because I hear it everyday.
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;