Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anne-Claire?

Hybrid View

Anne-Claire?

Thoughts on this? NN Annie?

I am not sure how well it'll go over--they're both one syllables, and my experience with Nameberry and French double-barrels has been that most non-French Berries won't be too thrilled with the flow, or the simplicity of Anne-Claire. I've loved Eve-Claire and Anne-Sophie in the past, and I've always gotten suggestions to opt for Eva-Claire, Evie-Claire, Anna-Sophie, Sophie-Anne, and Anna Sophia instead of Eve-Claire or Anne-Sophie, but it's just Anne-Claire. Would you be happy to come across a little Anne-Claire? I'm always a sucker for the nn Annie, too.

I'm not sure about a combo--so far I like the idea of Anne-Claire Felicity, Anne-Claire Josephine, Anne-Claire Lisette, and Anne-Claire Genevieve.

Also, Anne-Claire or Hannah for the nn Annie? I love both, but Hannah has some really special ties to my mom that Anne-Claire doesn't have. Then again, Anne-Claire has some wonderful ties to my best friend (who passed away 2011) that Hannah doesn't have, so both have bonuses to them. Which do you like best with the rest of my list?

Thanks, ladies!

I love Anne-Claire! It's so sweet and yet not as plain as just Anne or Claire. Maybe I love it because my mother named me the double-barreled Mary Renee. It is quite beautiful, and any little girl would love to have it.
    Jude Marius-Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-William Christian-Damian Joachim

Genevieve Reine-Caterina Lourdes-Madeleine Neve

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Hermione-Balthasar-Noel-Arthur-Percy-Leonard

My main issue with it is that I feel like I'm saying "Aunt Claire" or "unclear". The 2 consonants run into each other.

Anne-Claire Lisette is very pretty.

My first instinct is like you say, to make it Anna-Claire or even Claire-Anne.

What about Hannah Claire with nn Annie? Then you have your pie and eat it to.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    My main issue with it is that I feel like I'm saying "Aunt Claire" or "unclear". The 2 consonants run into each other.

Anne-Claire Lisette is very pretty.

My first instinct is like you say, to make it Anna-Claire or even Claire-Anne.

What about Hannah Claire with nn Annie? Then you have your pie and eat it to.
    haha, I actually have Hannah Lenore Claire on my list, nn Annie. I suppose I could do Hannah Lenore Claire, nn Anne-Claire? I've found that a lot of the Annie names I've liked lately--Annora, Hannelore, Anne-Claire, etc... they could all be nicknames for Hannah Lenore Claire, which is why I've kept it (plus the awesome tie to my mom!). I'm really quite enamored with Anne-Claire right now, though--I want to give it a chance.

I like Anne-Claire quite a bit. You could use Hannah for a middle on a different child later.