Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would you name your daughter...

Birdie? My grandma went by Birdie but her name was Roberta. I love Birdie, but I'm not sure if I should use it as a first or middle name. I would like to pair it with Reese. What do you guys think?

Hmmmm, I am really torn on this one. No, I wouldn't personally name my child Birdie, but then again, that isn't my grandmother's name. I think it is adorable, but not sure about it. I don't like the combination of Birdie Reese. I would pick something much more feminine in the middle.

If you weren't using Reese, I'd suggest Robin. I wouldn't personally use Birdie as a given name.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Birdie is adorable! I like it, but I agree, I wouldn't use it alone. What about an actual bird name--like Sparrow Reese, Lark Reese, Wren Reese, Robin Reese, etc.--and use the nn Birdie? Since Lark and Wren are so short, you might have to use a different MN, but I do like the idea of Lark "Birdie" or Wren "Birdie". I like Bridie so much more, but Birdie has the tie to your grandmother. Maybe Bridget nn Birdie?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

It's hard to say. Birdie is very cutesy, but it also isn't my grandmother's name. What about Beatrice nn Birdie? It sneaks Reese in there as well. I wouldn't use another bird name, because to me it sort of defeats the purpose.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine