Results 1 to 5 of 105
June 28th, 2013 02:55 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
Namebank CAF -- Harry Potter Edition (7 or more children.)
(Thanks to gumtrees, whose previous Harry Potter game provided some inspiration.)
First, roll the die (http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/reso...ice/twelve.htm) to answer these questions.
Where do you live?
1: Little Whinging, Surrey, England
2: Little Hangleton, England
3: London, England
4: Abergavenny, Wales
5: Ballycastle, Northern Ireland
6: Ottery St. Catchpole, Devon, England
7: Hogsmeade, Moray, Scotland
8: Tinworth, Cornwall, England
9: Cokeworth, England
10: Mould-on-the-Wold, England
11: Edinburgh, Scotland
12: Godric's Hollow, England
How does your family make your livelihood?
1. As dragon trainers (you pick which breeds are your specialty, and which country you are training them in: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon#Known_breeds)
2. Running a shop in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade (you pick what it's called and what it sells, or pick from here: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Di...lley#Locations or here: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ho..._and_buildings)
3. As remedial Apparition instructors.
4. Both work as Healers at St. Mungo’s (you pick which wards: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/St...ies#Floor_plan)
5. Running a profitable wizarding newspaper (you pick its name, or select from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Potter_series)
6. Selling valuable magical artifacts on the black market.
7. Both professors at Hogwarts (you pick which subjects: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/hogwarts/classes/classes.html)
8. In Very Important Ministry Positions (you pick which ones, or look here: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Br...ic#Departments)
9. As Aurors.
10. You don't need to; your family has inherited money for generations.
11. One parent is involved in Quidditch commentating, the other is a Quidditch player (you pick the team: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Li...uidditch_teams)
12. Chasing strange, perhaps-not-quite-real magical creatures around the world, and then writing about them.
What houses were you in at Hogwarts? (You decide which house pertains to which parent.)
1. Gryffindor and Gryffindor.
2. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.
3. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.
4. Gryffindor and Slytherin.
5. Hufflepuff and Hufflepuff.
6. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.
7. Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
8. Ravenclaw and Ravenclaw.
9. Ravenclaw and Slytherin.
10. Slytherin and Slytherin.
11. None, you both went to Durmstrang.
12. None, you both went to Beauxbatons.
What are your blood statuses?
1: Both pure-bloods.
2: Both half-bloods.
3: Both muggle-born.
4: Spouse 1 is a pure-blood, while Spouse 2 is a half-blood.
5: Spouse 1 is a half-blood, while Spouse 2 is muggle-born.
6: Spouse 1 is muggle-born, while Spouse 1 is a pure-blood.
7: Spouse 1 is a half-blood, while Spouse 2 is a pure-blood.
8: Spouse 1 is a pure-blood, while Spouse 2 is muggle-born.
9: Spouse 1 is muggle-born, while Spouse 2 is a half-blood.
10: Both muggle-born.
11: Both half-bloods.
12: Both pure-bloods.
Next, pick a surname. Select a maiden or unmarried name in addition to a last name.
LN: Abbott, Ackerley, Barkwith, Bonham, Chittock, Clagg, Cresswell, Dawlish, Deverill, Dukelow, Egg, Entwhistle, Fancourt, Fletwock, Frobisher, Gudgeon, Gumboil, Hobday, Hornby, Imago, Jewkes, Kettleburn, Kneen, Lochrin, Lufkin, McDougal, Misericordia, Mockridge, Mordaunt, Nott, Nutcombe, Ogden, Pilliwickle, Pokeby, Quirke, Rackharrow, Rastrick, Robins, Scamander, Smeek, Tremlett, Tugwood, Urquhart, Vance, Viridian, Wigworthy, Wildsmith, Worple, Youdle, Zeller.
Spouse 1: Your choice
Spouse 2: Your choice
Roll the die (http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/reso...ice/twelve.htm) to determine the gender of each child. Roll seven times initially. An odd number signifies a boy, and an even number signifies a girl. If you roll an 11 or 12, you have had twins; roll twice more to decide the genders of the twins.
Namebank for first children:
Girl: Angelina, Apolline, Aurora, Catriona, Demelza, Elveira, Galatea, Gunhilda, Gwendolyn, Helena, Isobel, Laverne, Megan, Melania, Mnemone, Natalie, Phyllida, Verity, Wilhelmina, Zamira.
Boy: Amos, Blaise, Buckley, Cadmus, Charles, Dennis, Emeric, Goodwin, Hamish, Harry, Ignatius, Ivor, John, Lachlan, Lennox, Oliver, Oswald, Reginald, Roderick, Wilbert.
Namebank for second children:
Girl: Agatha, Arabella, Belvina, Carmilla, Dilys, Druella, Emma, Enid, Gabrielle, Hannah, Isla, Leanne, Maisie, Marlene, Minerva, Miriam, Poppy, Porpentina, Veronica, Wendelin.
Boy: Adrian, Angus, Armando, Cedric, Crispin, Elphias, Gideon, Grugwyn, Herbert, Josiah, Justus, Kenneth, Kirley, Mungo, Octavius, Phoebus, Ragmar, Royden, Stewart, Walden.
Namebank for third children:
Girl: Alicia, Ariana, Asha, Beatrix, Daphne, Fifi, Gondoline, Gwenog, Honoria, Irma, Laura, Luna, Magenta, Millicent, Mirabella, Olive, Oona, Perenelle, Ursula, Victoria.
Boy: Ambrosius, Andrew, Arthur, Brian, Cormack, Cornelius, Cyprian, Dai, Dedalus, Dexter, Flavius, Fulbert, Galvin, Geoffrey, Guthrie, Janus, Kennilworthy, Livius, Terence, Walter.
Namebank for fourth children:
Girl: Araminta, Augusta, Callidora, Daisy, Eleanor, Elfrida, Eunice, Fleur, Glenda, Hesper, Kendra, Lily, Lucretia, Mandy, Marietta, Muriel, Orla, Petrova, Roxanne, Susan.
Boy: Aidan, Alasdair, Anthony, Boris, Broderick, Eric, Falco, Fergus, Frank, Gulliver, Harold, Humphrey, Inigo, Marcus, Miles, Nugent, Owen, Rufus, Stephen, Wulfric.
Namebank for fifth children:
Girl: Alice, Amata, Andromeda, Carlotta, Dorcas, Dymphna, Eloise, Heliotrope, Hestia, Joscelind, Laurentia, Lavender, Leopoldina, Matilda, Molly, Morag, Musidora, Pansy, Rosalind, Wilda.
Boy: Alberic, Augustus, Barberus, Bertram, Colin, Dragomir, Elias, Euan, Fabian, Fingal, George, Glanmore, Magnus, Michael, Percival, Quentin, Roger, Ronald, Seamus, Zacharias.
Namebank for sixth children:
Girl: Agnes, Altheda, Astoria, Bertha, Bridget, Cassandra, Eileen, Georgina, Greta, Hermione, Hepzibah, Melinda, Modesty, Morgana, Padma, Penelope, Pomona, Rolanda, Violetta, Yvonne.
Boy: Albus, Andros, Barnabus, Basil, Brevis, Ciceron, Cuthbert, Everard, Hector, Leonard, Libatius, Lorcan, Maximus, Neville, Nicolas, Otto, Peter, Timothy, Wayne, Yardley.
Namebank for seventh children:
Girl: Alberta, Amelia, Artemisia, Bathsheba, Bellatrix, Elladora, Emmeline, Erica, Ginevra, Gladys, Jocunda, Mary, Miranda, Patricia, Perpetua, Prudence, Rose, Rowena, Sacharissa, Septima.
Boy: Abraham, Archibald, Caractacus, Dagbert, Dean, Edgar, Florean, Graham, Gregory, Heathcote, Hilliard, James, Kevin, Lysander, Merton, Oakden, Philbert, Phineas, Remus, William.
Next, roll the dice to determine which house each child is in.
Finally, like most wizarding families, you also own an owl. Roll the die once to determine the gender of the owl, and give it a name that is either from mythology (i.e. Hermes), from another culture (i.e. Hedwig), the name of a 1930's actor (i.e. Errol), or a rarely-used word (i.e. Pigwidgeon).
List your family here:"Nothing ever fatigues me, but doing what I do not like."