Names Searched Right Now:

Exclamation Opinions on Bastien for our first?

We are expecting our first in January of next year and so we don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, but my husband and I both really like the name Bastien. I'm worried that it sounds a bit like b@st@rd and could cause teasing.

I do like Sebastian/Sebastien as well but I know a few, it's becoming so popular now but Bastien is much more uncommon and seems nicer to me.

What do you think?

I like Bastien. I didn't think of bastard at all! My first thought was "like Sebastian"...so he may have to deal with that MINOR clarification...but that is no big deal in my opinion. Our son has a surname for a first name and a first name for a last name...my one hang up, that he would be forever clarrifying the order, has already proven true in his two first years! BUT...I still LOVE his name! I think both Batstien and Sebastien are great and if you and your husband BOTH love it, I say go for it!!!

Thanks abrad. That's great advice. We do both like it, so I think it's a go!

Isn't Bastien the name of the kid in Neverending Story? That movie always made me cry like a baby when I was a kid...

That being said, it is a cool name. It has a lot of energy, and is unique without being unrecognizable.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

I like Bastien more as a nickname for Sebastien, but I think it can stand on its own. It's a great name.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996