Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Young Moms

My SO and I are getting married soon.We are 11-10 years apart.I am 17 and he is 28.He has a daughter from a previous relationship and another from a previous marriage.His daughters are 8 and 6.I am too young to be their biological mother.Saying that I wouldn't regret this marriage or becoming their stepmom.I love him and the kids.One even looks just like me even more so than the bio mom.
    The reasons for that are that
    #1.I always wanted to marry someone with kids and "step into" the family and help them grow and be the best they can be.
    #2.I will be able to spend more of my adult life with them
    #3.I have more energy for them
    #4.I can relate to them more easily than most older parents

Quote Originally Posted by milasmama View Post
    It wasn't much of a generalisation imo because it was only about the teen moms she met in her young mothers' group. She didn't say "all young mums are like this" she said something along the lines of "the ones I met are." I presume she said that because it was true. It's also interesting that a few people interpreted living with parents and being on welfare as insults, and then told other posters not to insult young mothers. Well, it's not insulting unless you think those living circumstances are offensive in the first place...?!
    I wasn't trying to be offensive at all to younger/ teen mothers. I was only trying to express that for me 23 feels like a 'caught in between' kind of age to have a baby since I don't really fit in with or relate to the teen mothers I have come across nor can I relate to the older mothers that that were in the other playgroups who were an average of 10 years older than me.

I don't get how you took offence to what I said. I was describing a personal situation as Milasmama has kindly explained.

I'm sure you will do great as a 20 year old mother just as i am trying to do as a 23 year old.

When people look down on teen mothers, it makes me laugh. The majority of men and women (note I said majority, and not all) lose their virginity in their teens. So really, people are looking down on them for getting pregnant, when its something that could just as easily have happened the person being judgemental. In most cases, the teen mum/dad just got caught out, as we all know it takes just that one time. I can put my hands up (and I'm sure most other women can too) and say that at some stage since I became sexually active I haven't always been cautious with my husband when we weren't wanting to get pregnant. I could have easily gotten pregnant on an unplanned pregnancy any of those times, but I wouldn't have been judges because I'm slightly older and married.

I don't understand the attitude at all. Most of our grandparents, if not parents, had children young because its what our bodies are designed to do. I'm fully in support of waiting until you feel ready, but how do you know that 17 year old didn't plan her pregnancy? How do you know whether or not it was unplanned? And even if it was unplanned, what gives you the right to judge?

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkballerina View Post
    When people look down on teen mothers, it makes me laugh. even if it was unplanned, what gives you the right to judge?
    *sigh*

I can't even be bothered

Quote Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
    *sigh*

I can't even be bothered
    The "you" there was general society, not you personally, I should have mentioned that.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.